The search for a new Defensive Coordinator

RaidersAreOne

How about when Al Davis made Stanford Routt the highest CB in football. And this fan base tried to defense it lol. That was the tip of the PFF iceberg to come

Chaz Schilens.... still waiting on him to breakout. Any day now.... 

Crowd Favorite... Bruce Campbell, the "steal" we got that year. Travis Goethel the LB they kept trying to prop up as a starter waiting to breakout

2011, the year of DVD and Checkwa. And David Ausberry... made one play and fans here thought he was the next Tony Moeaki. 

This forum is the best and worst all at the same time! Got to hand to some of you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That stretch of 4.4 DBs that had no other skill set was brutal. Slowlando McClain was an all timer too. The Jamarcus of MLBs. 

The worst of it, DHB round 1. Then Mike Mitchel round 2. The player they couldn't even find tape to show on the draft coverage lol

But Mitchell had a better career than most of the guys we drafted over the years.

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

But Mitchell had a better career than most of the guys we drafted over the years.

He did. There are a few of those guys recently as well. Shelby Harris. Latavius Murray... always thought they should keep him as a backup. JDRs staff didn't like him. 

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

How about when Al Davis made Stanford Routt the highest CB in football. And this fan base tried to defense it lol. That was the tip of the PFF iceberg to come

Crowd Favorite... Bruce Campbell, the "steal" we got that year. Travis Goethel the LB they kept trying to prop up as a starter waiting to breakout

2011, the year of DVD and Checkwa. And David Ausberry... made one play and fans here thought he was the next Tony Moeaki. 

This forum is the best and worst all at the same time! Got to hand to some of you.

I'll defend Chaz Schilens till I die.  🖕🏻😂

Edited by Totty
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Man....I thought Ausberry had Waller-like potential. If you were patient with him on Madden 25, he could be an absolute beast. His tackle breaking on the game was up there with RoJo and Markus Wheaton and Jeff Maehl....real murderer's row there eh? Lol

• Like 1

My dumbass bought a Routt jersey Lolol. 

And remember that joke of a game where Condo got hurt and Goethel had to LS. Messed up like 3 snaps. Good times 😂😂

• Like 1

Fabian Washington and Stanford Routt were supposed to be the best CB duo in the league. Washington over Rodgers will forever be the worst decision Al ever made though. 

I remember as a kid thinking Ken Yon Rambo was going be this beast for us... lol just because of his name.... thought for sure Phillip Buchanan  was the missing piece to a title team lol. Think he started out with a pick 6 doing the Deion dance to get me hyped up. I spent all my Money as a kid to get his picture that was autographed at a Bay Area mall. Lol 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Fabian Washington and Stanford Routt were supposed to be the best CB duo in the league. Washington over Rodgers will forever be the worst decision Al ever made though. 

But do we think Rodgers would have reached his full potential here though? He seems like he could be quite a divisive guy at times and in our fractured (at that time) organisation..........

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Whoever becomes the new DC needs to play Abram the same way Seattle plays Adams and Los Angeles plays James. Abram showed at Mississippi state that he can be a potent outside linebacker/safety hybrid and can even rush the passer.

And you know who was there at the founding of the LoB (Adams is Kam 2.0 right?) and who used James recently?

Gus Bradley.

Who is our top DC target according to twitter?

Gus Bradley.

Maybe there is some sense in Grudock after all?

I doubt that :), but I see some value in Bradley and his scheme for our back end and for our LB's.

My issue is our DL and his scheme, since that is another 4 man rush without blitzing principle and our guys failed in that "role" so far.

Obviously a true impact DT could elevate the young DE's too and we might have a competent DL, but I can't get too exited...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

But do we think Rodgers would have reached his full potential here though? He seems like he could be quite a divisive guy at times and in our fractured (at that time) organisation..........

That's a good question. Norv Turner was the coach that season who had a lot of success with QBs. But Rodgers needed some time to adapt to the pro game. 

That said, I'm a firm believer that talent is talent. If you have it it will shine through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

That's a good question. Norv Turner was the coach that season who had a lot of success with QBs. But Rodgers needed some time to adapt to the pro game. 

That said, I'm a firm believer that talent is talent. If you have it it will shine through. 

Collins would have still started most or all the season and Turner would have been fired. B&B would have ruined Rodgers the next season. Kwame Harris would still be a terrible LT and the offense awful. His talent might have shined once he was cut or traded.