PFT: Should Gruden be getting more heat?

beardown3231

33 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Its crazy how fans demand overnight development. We have depth at WR, we should just be happy we finally have that again. Ruggs will develop, just takes time.

nobody is saying ruggs is some elite polished receiver already. we are aware he has to develop, and that it takes time. 

but you don't have to be a finished product to get touches. don't have to be a finished product to be involved. the guy has gamebreaking, game changing speed and we aren't utilizing that whatsoever except as a decoy on occasion. as a coach, you have manufacturer touches to your gamebreakers if you have to. you don't go away from a kid you invested so much into because of the few mistakes he's made when he's sparingly thrown to. that's what your rookie season is for. to make mistakes, learn and get better. i saw ceedee lamb drop a TD, and a 4th down pass within a few minutes of eachother in a game. imagine if the cowboys just stopped goin to him after that.

carr deserves blame too. he's a good qb but he will lose confidence in you and shy away from you. he's not the ideal QB to develop a young wr with. 

• Like 2

Gruden is a fake superstar coach that is losing WINNABLE games consistently. The team has flamed out in the softness part of the schedule 2 years in a row. 

I don't buy a rebuild excuse at all. This team was in the playoffs a season removed from when he got here. He immediately traded the BEST player on the team and then another pro bowl WR. The QB, Center and one guard are the only layovers.

The Bills, Dolphins, Browns have turnt it around. We cant we?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Gruden is a fake superstar coach that is losing WINNABLE games consistently. The team has flamed out in the softness part of the schedule 2 years in a row. 

I don't buy a rebuild excuse at all. This team was in the playoffs a season removed from when he got here. He immediately traded the BEST player on the team and then another pro bowl WR. The QB, Center and one guard are the only layovers.

The Bills, Dolphins, Browns have turnt it around. We cant we?

Bills, phins and browns also drafted qbs recently. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

So Gruden is blameless and everything is Carrs fault...ok.

I think he's talking about the cap hit impact. It could be true for the Bills who wouldn't be able to fit all the players under the cap if they weren't paying Allen on his rookie contract. The way Allen is playing, the Bills would still be good though. Allen is in that elite tier this season.

41 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I think he's talking about the cap hit impact. It could be true for the Bills who wouldn't be able to fit all the players under the cap if they weren't paying Allen on his rookie contract. The way Allen is playing, the Bills would still be good though. Allen is in that elite tier this season.

There is a running theme with @NCOUGHMAN posts. Everything is Carrs fault, whether it be salary, red zone offense, defense etc it comes back to Carr.

This thread is about whether Gruden should be getting more ‘heat’ for his coaching this far. Should maybe get back on topic. 

Edited by Dessie

13 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Witten and Ingold have 17 targets each on the season. That's 1 target/game. ONE!

That doesn’t include pass attempts where Carr has had to throw it away, scramble etc because they were on the field. Witten looked to be in every RZ snap against the Dolphins. 

13 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Witten and Ingold have 17 targets each on the season. That's 1 target/game. ONE!

You know I'm speaking on the most recent game where Witten gets 5 targets. 3 on 3rd downs and you have nothing except go route for your #12 pick. 

And my point being, they have no plan for Ruggs. Look at the routes he's running and compare to what he did with success at Alabama. There is no reason he shouldn't have more TDs this season. Not expecting 1000 yards, but at least give him opportunities to make plays. You can get him 5 touches in a game? Look at how Shanahan uses Aiyuk in a similar offense. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

nobody is saying ruggs is some elite polished receiver already. we are aware he has to develop, and that it takes time. 

but you don't have to be a finished product to get touches. don't have to be a finished product to be involved. the guy has gamebreaking, game changing speed and we aren't utilizing that whatsoever except as a decoy on occasion. as a coach, you have manufacturer touches to your gamebreakers if you have to. you don't go away from a kid you invested so much into because of the few mistakes he's made when he's sparingly thrown to. that's what your rookie season is for. to make mistakes, learn and get better. i saw ceedee lamb drop a TD, and a 4th down pass within a few minutes of eachother in a game. imagine if the cowboys just stopped goin to him after that.

carr deserves blame too. he's a good qb but he will lose confidence in you and shy away from you. he's not the ideal QB to develop a young wr with. 

Exactly... not understanding how this is so hard for some to follow. You have a guy with elite speed and change of direction skills. You drafted him to be your home run hitter and give him no at bats?? You watch where he catches balls at Alabama (crossers, slants) which he turns into big plays with his speed. He's got 2 targets on slants this season. End of story.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You know I'm speaking on the most recent game where Witten gets 5 targets. 3 on 3rd downs and you have nothing except go route for your #12 pick. 

And my point being, they have no plan for Ruggs. Look at the routes he's running and compare to what he did with success at Alabama. There is no reason he shouldn't have more TDs this season. Not expecting 1000 yards, but at least give him opportunities to make plays. You can get him 5 touches in a game? Look at how Shanahan uses Aiyuk in a similar offense. 

Ruggs has missed a lot of practice time though so understandable to an extent that he’s not got into a rhythm with Carr. He got injured before training camp with that incident with getting pinned by the car, knee injury week 1 hamstring week 2 which meant he missed 2 games, then misses more practice because of COVID.

Still think we should have picked Lamb/Jeudy   though. 

Edited by Dessie

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yes, so to win in the NFL you need a front office that is capable of finding talent that fits an effective scheme throughout the draft. Which Gruden and Mayock have clearly failed to do. 

Yeah..... I said this back in the offseason..... I said mayock messed up in FA and again did poorly in the draft.....

And I’m pretty sure you (to be fair almost everyone was) were very critical of my comments.

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

Ruggs has missed a lot of practice time though so understandable to an extent that he’s not got into a rhythm with Carr. He got injured before training camp with that incident with getting pinned by the car, knee injury week 1 hamstring week 2 which meant he missed 2 games, then misses more practice because of COVID.

Still think we should have picked Lamb/Jeudy   though. 

Jeudy's hands have been a problem in Denver. Will be interested in seeing how he progresses. 

Lamb has been as advertised. Guy is an absolute gamer. 

• Like 1