PFT: Should Gruden be getting more heat?

beardown3231

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's a lost season, why not let some of the younger players get reps? That's how they get better.

Jason Witten gets one last ride it looks like..... 

I mean I hope he is just talking. I hope edwards can at least be on field more this game. But his ego not wanting to go 7-9 i could see him playing all the regs their usual snaps. We are only rebuilding or building this thing up when we lose. 

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

We'll see if this is fluff I suppose. Hoping he resigned. 

Of course he signs with the Raiders we resurrected his career. No way he takes a chance and goes to another team. He'll probably sign a 2-3 year contract, hoping the next one will be huge.

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They did loose to the Jets with DC playing for all intents and purposes. They got bailed out.

I still dont understand why the jets would purposely lose to us, only to then win their next 2 games?
Why throw our game?

i will just add, I do agree that Carr needs to take some blame
-He fumbles what seems to be every time he gets hit.
- he rarely runs for a first down on 3rd when it would be automatic. 
- he throws short of sticks on 3rd down (I still think we have way to many wrs running routes short too though)
- he has bought way to in to the live for the next down philosophy. (that doesnt work when you have a brutal D, cause the score just keeps getting worse)

Edited by BackinBlack

On 12/29/2020 at 11:05 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

I disagree between hunter and nelly someone has to go or hr3 will never get any targets. 

I'd rather just keep this problem. HR3 needs to develop or be relegated to a gadget player.  Hunter and Agholor are balling out this season. 

It makes zero since for improving the team by playing vets who we know who they are or will not be on this team next year.  Let's run Waller and Moreau out there.  Try to force some balls to Ruggs and Edwards.  Put Mariota behind center, Parker at LT, and Simpson at LG. I am not trying to win this game.  My first priority is to see what I have for next year.  I am telling Marinelli to show me what he has.  We should treat this like the first preseason game of next year.  If I know I am keeping you for next year and if I know you are getting cut you are not playing.  If we win then the young guys showed me something.  If we lose then nothing is lost.

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Only constant in all this is carr. Maybe we’re holding carr back from greatness. Maybe a change of scenery will allow him to achieve goat status. 

I honestly think Carr is a bad fit for this offense.  He would be much better on other teams.  We need a QB that is willing to take more risk and willing to tell Gruden that "I changed the play because it was not going to work."  How many times did we see Gruden and Gannon on the sidelines arguing because Gannon was willing to change when Gruden's play calling sucked.  I also wonder why Gannon's best season was the year after Gruden left.  We either need to get rid of Gruden or Carr.

On 12/30/2020 at 3:09 AM, drfrey13 said:

Remove the starting QB from almost every team and they are probably a bottom five.  The question is what could we replace him with.  Chances are we are a worse team but we could be a better team also.  Carr is definitely a big part of the success we have so it would be a risk to switch but can we get where we want to go by building around him.

Well, Carr led us to be the only team thus far to beat the Chiefs and beat them in their own back yard very handily. We also should have beaten them at home so the evidence suggests that we can win the Superbowl with Carr if we build the right supporting cast - and by that I don't mean All Stars all round as sone would have us believe but a competent defence and some decent weapons and a good OL.

To me it is obvious what we need to do and that is easier than trying to draft a HoF QB who can drag this current underwhelming supporting team to greatness. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Well, Carr led us to be the only team thus far to beat the Chiefs and beat them in their own back yard very handily. We also should have beaten them at home so the evidence suggests that we can win the Superbowl with Carr if we build the right supporting cast - and by that I don't mean All Stars all round as sone would have us believe but a competent defence and some decent weapons and a good OL.

To me it is obvious what we need to do and that is easier than trying to draft a HoF QB who can drag this current underwhelming supporting team to greatness

Good post, agree with it all especially the bolded. 

• Like 1