Mortal Kombat - April 23rd

RamRod

As someone who could only win the game as one of three characters (Lu Kang, Sub Zero, or Scorpion), I love the Sub Zero/Scorpion origin back-story arc to the movie. And by "win the game", I'm clearly talking about the Arcade/Sega Genesis original I and II game(s). No others exist in my world.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As someone who could only win the game as one of three characters (Lu Kang, Sub Zero, or Scorpion), I love the Sub Zero/Scorpion origin back-story arc to the movie. And by "win the game", I'm clearly talking about the Arcade/Sega Genesis original I and II game(s). No others exist in my world.

I felt the same way until I picked up MK11. This game is legit.

5 hours ago, RamRod said:

Pushed it back one week to April 23rd.

I think they pushed it back to keep the subscriptions from the people that signed up right away to see the Snyder Cut. I only think this because my plan was to pay for one month starting the 18th to get the Snyder Cut, Godzilla vs Kong and Mortal Kombat for $15 or whatever it is. Damn you, HBO!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 5:18 PM, beekay414 said:

I think they pushed it back to keep the subscriptions from the people that signed up right away to see the Snyder Cut. I only think this because my plan was to pay for one month starting the 18th to get the Snyder Cut, Godzilla vs Kong and Mortal Kombat for $15 or whatever it is. Damn you, HBO!

That was my plan too....but they have alot of good stuff on HBO Max including most DC animated stuff, South Park, Chappelle Show and some other good stuff.   Dont mind staying for a few months.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

That was my plan too....but they have alot of good stuff on HBO Max including most DC animated stuff, South Park, Chappelle Show and some other good stuff.   Dont mind staying for a few months.

I don't watch enough TV to keep it around past MK. I build my watch lists on each app and then I never feel like watching any of them. I had like 70 things on Netflix, cancelled that. Definitely 25 or more on Hulu, cancelled that. I MAY keep HBO Max around just to see if I finally get around to finishing GoT but I doubt it.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:03 PM, August4th said:

I think HBO Max has a chance to be the best streaming site or close to it in 3-5 yrs. the IP they own and the talent they are bringing in for original shows/films is impressive.

I don't remember how I signed up so I can't cancel it if I wanted too.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:03 PM, August4th said:

I think HBO Max has a chance to be the best streaming site or close to it in 3-5 yrs. the IP they own and the talent they are bringing in for original shows/films is impressive.

I think the same.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:03 PM, August4th said:

I think they are one of the better ones already.

All the DC stuff, South Park, Chappelle Show and all the awesome HBO classic shows like GoT, Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Wire, etc.....

As of right now, Hulu and HBO Max are the only streaming places Id keep for more than a month straight.

Hate Netflix, and will only ever get it when Cobra Kai and The Witcher release new seasons.      Disney is the scum of the earth, and while I enjoy Marvel and older Disney content, Ill rarely ever get that.

I get Peacock for free via Comcast, so thats nice.

Amazon Video when I feel like paying for Amazon Prime, which has been a waste of money since Covid hit.

And honestly, I dont know much about other streaming services and therefore, will probably never get them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think the Amazon music streaming that comes with Prime is underrated. I use it exclusively now.

For sure.   I used it alot myself....but I had to pay extra for Amazon Music Unlimited and I didnt feel like paying $20 a month just for music, especially when I only ever really listen to it in my car.        I wasnt really ordering much with Prime and when I did, the free 2 day delivery wasnt really doing much since many orders were delayed due to Covid.       And Amazon Video is very meh.

But I agree, in general, their music service is pretty damn good.