2020 Wild Card: 5) Baltimore Ravens @ 4) Tennessee Titans

notthatbluestuff

2020 Wild Card: 5) Baltimore Ravens @ 4) Tennessee Titans  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Tennessee Titans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2021 at 07:23 PM

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What makes it worse is that the punt wasn't even good. Maybe you could justify it if Kerns pins the Ravens inside the 5, but we got the ball near the 20. Terrible decision and even worse execution. Surrender index of 100 is just LOL

I mean that's all part of the equation. If you KNEW you were going to pin them inside the 2 yard line, then the benefits of punting go up a few percentage points. But you just never know. It could be a touchback, it could be a big return, it could be blocked, etc. The likelihood of getting the really desired outcome of "downed within 5" is probably in the minority

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And I fully expect if we lose to them next year or whenever, they do it back to us. This rivalry is fun.

i was saying to one of your guys in our thread, this is one of the better nfl rivalries out there right now. can't wait until the next one.

• Like 5

The funniest part about the Ravens fans crying about Hines Ward is that they have had players admit to putting bounties on him. Hey, if it's so easy to intentionally break a guys jaw on the football field, why couldn't any of those big bad Ravens defenders do it to Hines?

Just now, CKSteeler said:

The funniest part about the Ravens fans crying about Hines Ward is that they have had players admit to putting bounties on him. Hey, if it's so easy to intentionally break a guys jaw on the football field, why couldn't any of those big bad Ravens defenders do it to Hines?

Love you too buddy have a good sunday

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

never heard of it or read about it before. Wouldn't have even known he hadn't won one.

FWIW, it's enough of a real-world narrative that Lamar's basically been asked about it in every press conference he's done all season, and clearly became something he wanted to get off his back today. 

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i dunno about everybody else but if "lamar can't win a playoff game" was a narrative, it was a bad one because I never heard it before today

I mean it was definitely a narrative. Yes, it was a bad one. But it was also definitely a CONSTANT narrative that Lamar personally and the team was dealing with every day for a year. 

2 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

We got all offseason to worry about this so I'm not gonna get into it too much but it's hilarious to watch people just unilaterally try to throw the rushing output out when talking about him. It's pretty obviously a big part of his game and a big part of what makes him unique. 300+ total yards and digging himself and the team out of an early hole is a great sign from him. 

Main reason everyone said to disregard the running was because supposedly that stuff didn't work in the playoffs. Hard to still be talking like that on a day where he just won a playoff game in large part because of some enormous plays he made with his legs that no other QB can make. 

I'm not discrediting the rushing output. He was "amazing" rushing the ball today, according to me. He did everything he needed to do today, and got the W. Nothing else matters and I'm super happy for him and the Ravens. I will say that I think the main reason folks disregard this usually, however, isn't because it "doesn't work in the playoffs" (because even bad defenses can make it to the playoffs), but rather because good defenses will eventually force him to throw the ball.  

Although, I'm not sure when coming back from a 10 point deficit in the first quarter became noteworthy as "digging himself and the team out of an early hole", especially when his terrible INT led to 3 of those points. 

But again, I like Lamar. I'm happy for him and I love watching him play. I don't even want to continue this because you're framing me as "knocking" his game, when I'm really not. He just obviously had a tough day passing the ball today, but thankfully is talented enough as a runner to compensate for that. I'm just saying I would still have concerns about him as a thrower if I were a Ravens fan, and I don't think that's a particularly crazy take. 

Just now, wackywabbit said:

I mean it was definitely a narrative. Yes, it was a bad one. But it was also definitely a CONSTANT narrative that Lamar personally and the team was dealing with every day for a year. 

This is pure and simple victim pearl clutching.

The narrative was that he had not won or played well in a playoff game as of yet.

He was in fact awful in both games.

The narrative was "chill until he's done something in the playoffs".

Almost no one predicted he would be Andy Dalton. (can't ever speak for every fringe nut job though)