Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

45 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I haven't been following along in this whole situation/thread but is there seriously a chance they do in fact trade him? Or is this "let's make smoke so people will think there's a fire" type thing going on?

I dunno how you trade him for less than 5 1RP. This just seems like something they could fix by some simple dialogue, right? If he gets traded as a young Franchise QB they will never get a decent FA to even visit.

Who knows how serious they really are internally. If I were them, I'd just about refuse to move him. 5 one's isn't even enough. You very likely don't find another Watson in any of those picks. Let him threaten, hold out, etc. Do all you can to keep him. Young QB's at that level just don't get traded.

Edited by WideRight
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

He's kind of like the Mary Kay Cabot(Cleveland) or John McClain(Texans) version of the Dolphins.

So, accurate about 20% of the time?

Had you believed Pancakes, Louis Riddick is in week 6 of his GM tenure in Houston.

That didn't really happen.

• Like 1

So Watson and Fields share the same agent (who is known to be very aggressive with getting players out). 

Assuming Watson gets traded to NY for the 2nd and a bunch of picks, wonder if that will affect who Houston drafts at 2? They may not want to draft Fields and deal with Mulugheta all over again.

30 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

So Watson and Fields share the same agent (who is known to be very aggressive with getting players out). 

Assuming Watson gets traded to NY for the 2nd and a bunch of picks, wonder if that will affect who Houston drafts at 2? They may not want to draft Fields and deal with Mulugheta all over again.

This guy gets on my nerves and I don’t know why. He has a punchable face for sure.

39 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Houston doesn’t have a first rd pick. 

jets have the #2 pick and Miami had the #3 pick because of Houston. 

if you trade for Watson and you don’t give up the #2 pick, who do you take at #2? Do you draft Chase or Smith to give Watson that #1 WR 

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

if you trade for Watson and you don’t give up the #2 pick, who do you take at #2? Do you draft Chase or Smith to give Watson that #1 WR 

Let me preface this by saying I don't think you get Watson without coughing up either the #2 pick (Jets) or the #3 pick (Dolphins).  The Texans have to walk away with the ability to draft a replacement QB.  And not Sam Darnold or Tua Tagovailola.  But in this scenario, I see two very distinct options.  You either select Penei Sewell and have arguably the best bookend OTs in the NFL.  Or you trade down into that 6-8 range for a team wanting a QB and pick up more assets and hope one of DeVonta Smith or JaMarr Chase fall.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

The Jets are the best trade partner for the Texans because they have tons of draft capital over the next two years and the #2 pick. If there's any consolation for having to trade Deshaun Watson, it's Zach Wilson. I think that dude is going to be a star. He reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t want to derail this thread. However, it really says something when non-fans of your team know how trash your reporters are.

Imagine if your ESPN rep referred to your QB as a “f’n midget” and constantly sought to antagonize him.

Here the deal. A midget is a term that has meaning so this is slander.

They need to clean up these laws so a-holes like this lose all their money when being fake tough guys in print or on the internet. You want to criticize a player? Have fun. You want to insult them and lie about them then they own your house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

So, accurate about 20% of the time?

Had you believed Pancakes, Louis Riddick is in week 6 of his GM tenure in Houston.

That didn't really happen.

Yeah, I am not grading any of these reporters, They are just long term reporters covering a team that have very good access and sources.

Peter King has the best access and sources... then he makes idiotic conclusions.

He's still got great info.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Houston doesn’t have a first rd pick. 

jets have the #2 pick and Miami had the #3 pick because of Houston. 

If you can SOMEHOW manage to trade the draft capital required to land Watson AND not give up the #2 or #3 pick, you play chess and not checkers and you trade that pick down and recoup the picks you traded to land Watson to one of these QB starved teams that missed out on the Stafford / Watson sweepstakes.