Death Note Mafia - TKN Edition (Kira and Sakura TV wins!)

TheKillerNacho

59 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What is the bcb/daniel thing?  I stopped reading when I died.

I wanted to, but we weren't sure if Whicker was lying, so the rest of the group talked me out of it.  I had no heat on D2, and usually can talk my way out of being lynched as scum anyway, so we risked it.  Didn't expect to get voted out without anyone actually making a case, but then that's exactly what happened.

oops, I meant bcb and SirA

they kind of just both admitted it and also told everything they knew

42 minutes ago, Blue said:

If it makes you feel better, there was literally nothing Town could do once Daboyle was voted out.

I definitely didn't take Kira seriously enough.. given the numbers daboyle seemed like it made sense based on being known scum at that point, both factions felt beaten down and I thought the remaining scum were more spread out.

In retrospect, what we COULD have done was started eliminating the Shinigamis once rolenames were outwardly shared (maybe in place of the Naz vote, or at the very least the Boyle vote). Shinigamis power of the extra vote wasn't THAT huge early in the game, and the death note aspect was minimal considering you didn't have enough information

But by even the midgame you could probably start batting 1.000 with the death notes and we should have taken that off the table and turned it into a game where mafia couldn't hit (or hit much less) and the ratio still improves

Edited by Tk3

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I definitely didn't take Kira seriously enough.. given the numbers daboyle seemed like it made sense based on being known scum at that point, both factions felt beaten down and I thought the remaining scum were more spread out.

In retrospect, what we COULD have done was started eliminating the Shinigamis once rolenames were outwardly shared (maybe in place of the Naz vote, or at the very least the Boyle vote). Shinigamis power of the extra vote wasn't THAT huge early in the game, and the death note aspect was minimal considering you didn't have enough information

But by even the midgame you could probably start batting 1.000 with the death notes and we should have taken that off the table and turned it into a game where mafia couldn't hit (or hit much less) and the ratio still improves

I believe the shinigamis could be voted for but wouldn’t have died 

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

That is correct. The only way to eliminate the shinigamis from the game, apparently, was to give them back the Death Note that belonged to them @Tk3

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Just now, Blue said:

That is correct. The only way to eliminate the shinigamis from the game, apparently, was to give them back the Death Note that belonged to them @Tk3

oh.. well in that case I'm glad we didn't waste the votes

Time for some Awards!

MVP@Forge - I could go with Malf, swoosh, or even touch despite the loss pretty easily here. Forge did a fantastic job at aiding scum. Despite a lot of setbacks like the Yotsuba going kamikaze on their scum rivals mid-game, he stayed composed. He did an excellent job using MWil23's attempts to find his allies against him, broadcasting the names of all of the players he could find on Sakura TV, including L's.

LVP: @Pickle Rick - I understand there were some... personal reasons that added to this, but wasting a valuable gunshot on an obvious town was incredibly baffling and contributed heavily to their eventual demise. Even the initial hit on @theuntouchable was pretty bad, considering touch was unCCed in killing @Blue, who was Kira aligned. Giving back the Death Note to remove a Shinigami from the game should've appeared very town as well. But that wasn't nearly as perplexing as the decision to double down on it the following night after @Counselor gave him a second chance at it. After seeing touch lead the lynch on @Daniel, a separate scum faction than Blue. While touch was going to die anyway, another town kill would've aided town immensely in the later days of the game. And it's not like his other reads during the game were good, either. Excluding the final day of the game when the scum players basically claimed, Pickle Rick only voted for one scum player by final VC all game. Pickle Rick is usually a pretty good player, so I sincerely hope he'll learn from this and it doesn't fall upon deaf ears...

Rookie/Comeback Player: @Whicker - Despite facing a lot of heat and reluctance to play, Whicker supplied very solid reads for the majority of the game. He was on point.

Most Swingy Player: @squire12 - Squire12 was considering pardoning @Daniel heavily leading up to his lynch, due to @The Orca's fabricated report, linking @Daboyle to @Matts4313, a player who squire12 had correctly linked to Daniel. He decided against it at the last second, opting to see how Daniel would flip, but if had gone through with the Pardon, the game would've easily torpedoed into a scum landslide.

Luckiest Player: @bigbadbuff - Must be nice to coast to a win. Bigbadbuff would've been nailed on quite a few reports if not for teammates helping him out, too.

Unluckiest Player: @Counselor - Counselor chose really well with his last two Switcheroo attempts, attempting to prevent Death Note use from both @bigbadbuff and @swoosh on subsequent nights. The problem? Due to some wise Death Note swapping, the night Counselor visited them the other had their lone Death Note!

Funniest Move: @gopherwrestler - He technically changed it before it was final, but at one point gopher tried to send a message to Anthony Rester with his radio. Which uh, was his own role.

Assist Award: @Malfatron - Early on, the Kira faction was guided by Malfatron, who did a fair job in his own right, but urging @swoosh to attempt and fail their Day kill early set back the faction quite a bit. Still, he did a decent job at guessing mechanics that helped scum win.

Best Timing: @swoosh - Once Malf died and swoosh was on his own, swoosh was able to steer suspicion away from him onto the devastated Yotsuba group. And finally, just before moves were due, decided to make the ballsy play that ended up winning them the game: changing the kill from @Tk3 to @squire12, only on faith that the Sakura TV broadcasts were correct. Without the second Death Note, they would've almost certainly lost this game.

Worst Timing: @SirA1 - After Yotsuba decided to hand @Daboyle's Death Note to the less suspected @bcb1213, SirA1 panicked after some incriminating information was revealed about him in-thread. While he wisely handed the Death Note over to a teammate, he also chose to give it to bcb1213, instead of Daboyle! The Death Note can only be passed once per day, so bcb1213 was stuck with both, despite only being able to use one during the night. To make matters worse, their best play was to red-letter @Malfatron, but SirA1 had, knowingly, transferred Rem's ultimatum to bcb1213 as well. And, of course, when that threat was carried out, the faction lost both of its Death Notes, leaving @Daboyleby himself with no way to kill and in a virtually auto-lose situation.

Most Enjoyable Player: @Malfatron - Malf's attempts to decipher the theme was very enjoyable, as was his threadplay. I was considering Forge for this spot as well but Forge already has two awards.

Best Start: @Matts4313  and @theuntouchable- Matts played really well before he was strangely lynched. Despite just being a 3rd party, Matts' early softclaim of L caused scum to waste a Death Note use. Touch picked it up where Matts left off, shooting one scum and getting another lynched.

Best Finish: @Tk3 - While inactive early, Tk3 tried to steer town in the right direction late. But it was too little, too late. While being technically correct about @Daboyle being scum, town needed to lynch one of the two Kira aligned players to have a chance to win.

Dynasty Player: @Forge - With @Dome voluntarily giving up his title by not signing up, Forge has now won the most TKN games in a row, with a streak of three.

• Like 7