Predict the QB carousel

paul-mac

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The Jets already have Darnold....

I don't know of another team that would give up a 1st for him

Crazy to think, in the bubble of draft night. The smart pick for the Giants was either Donald or Rosen but they took a running back. Turns out they took the right player (in the context of those three)

3 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Crazy to think, in the bubble of draft night. The smart pick for the Giants was either Donald or Rosen but they took a running back. Turns out they took the right player (in the context of those three)

My nightmare is a desperate Nagy and Pace miss out on the QB they want and trade their first for Darnold. I get he is still really young and has some real arm talent but a first for a one year rental? Gross.

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Before I get a ton of Raider fan heat - as a reference, I don't think Lock gets much value either, other than being so cheap with his rookie level deal, either.    

I mean, obviously. Lock doesn't get half the value Carr could.

3 minutes ago, Dingo18287 said:

Some chatter out of Indy about Andrew Luck coming out of retirement. It sounds like the news come from a friend of a friend of a friend who knows Andrew’s wife, so take it with a high grain of salt, but that would be interesting. 

God I would LOVE that. I understand why he left, being in pain and rehab and medicated all of the time is absolutely miserable. But the team he left was soooo good, a contender if he stayed.

That being said, he's a multi millionaire for life. I wouldn't do it.

10 minutes ago, Dingo18287 said:

Some chatter out of Indy about Andrew Luck coming out of retirement. It sounds like the news come from a friend of a friend of a friend who knows Andrew’s wife, so take it with a high grain of salt, but that would be interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

God I would LOVE that. I understand why he left, being in pain and rehab and medicated all of the time is absolutely miserable. But the team he left was soooo good, a contender if he stayed.

That being said, he's a multi millionaire for life. I wouldn't do it.

It's some random guy on Twitter who tried to say he had some trail, but Zak Keefer, the guy who broke the news about the injury, and then Luck's retirement, says nope.   I'd go with Keefer here.

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's some random guy on Twitter who tried to say he had some trail, but Zak Keefer, the guy who broke the news about the injury, and then Luck's retirement, says nope.   I'd go with Keefer here.

Yeah, Luck seemed like he took the time to think about what decision he was going to make and that once he made it, that was it. That will be his final answer and he would only go forward from there.

I think there's analysts out there who believe Luck could still play (he could) and as he's still young enough, think he's missing the game and so put it out there that he'll return.

As @Calamity_Comethsaid above. When he made the decision he was making it for many reasons. He was worried that injuries would cause him to be in pain for the rest of his life and that he wouldn't be able to do stuff like play with his child as she grew up.

He made the best decision for himself to retire. I see no way he comes back. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Forge said:

damn schefty. I feel like that may be a bit off. If he gets a first...just holy moly. Situations are more dire than I understood. 

A first for Darnold doesn’t make sense. The most optimistic Jets fans are hoping for a 2nd. But most assume he’s worth a 3rd. He’s all potential at this point and without the luxury of a rookie contract going forward.

The QB market seems kind of expensive.

Edited by SDotNova

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

A first for Darnold doesn’t make sense. The most optimistic Jets fans are hoping for a 2nd. But most assume he’s worth a 3rd. He’s all potential at this point and without the luxury of a rookie contract going forward.

The QB market seems kind of expensive.

Schefter is a guy who breaks stories.  He's terrible at actual analysis.

It's the lying season right now, the only thing teams can feed is misinformation, at least until deals get agreed to.   Unless it's actually happening or it's happened, best rule of thumb is to take everything reported about "scenarios" with a huge grain of salt.

Edited by Broncofan

16 minutes ago, Leoric said:

Am I the only one enjoying Favre watch version 2.0 this off-season? Rodgers has all the cards and is totally pulling a Favre with the Packers draft capital after last year. 

I haven't considered the Rodgers situation a real thing