Now that Pettine is gone, who should be the new DC?

BluePacker

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Question - do you think it accurate that GB offered the position to Leonard?

Why would they make that public?
Did they make that public - or leak it?

It kind of puts the ball in Leonard's court PR-wise and now the organization has to step back since Leonard shot them down publicly - and now everybody else is clearly second choice.

You think they were trying to pressure Leonard into taking the position? That seems far fetched to me - or you think they felt he was a done deal? 

For Leonhard, I’d guess this could be used as leverage for more money or a college HC position. It is a bit of a gut punch if the Packers feel he used the interview to grab a few extra chips without ever intending to take the job. 

For the other candidates, it might be awkward but anyone who takes the job will quickly move past that and get to work. 

It is embarrassing for LaFleur if he can’t get his guy.  Who ever he brings in better be good. Pettine gets his grief, and deserves it for some of the collapses, but he was not as bad as he’s often made out to be. If things don’t improve or get worse that falls directly on the HC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

For the other candidates, it might be awkward but anyone who takes the job will quickly move past that and get to work. 

These are pros. People are 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice all the time. It happens in all walk of life. Its up to those who were initially passed over to brush it off and grab their opportunities.

Was money an issue in Leonhard's decision?

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/leonhard-pulls-out-of-packers-defensive-coordinator-search

He also is well paid. According to USA Today, Leonhard ranks 22nd among all college assistant football coaches with an annual salary of almost $1.13 million. According to a source, the average NFL defensive coordinator makes between $750,000 and $850,000 per year.

He also is well paid. According to USA Today, Leonhard ranks 22nd among all college assistant football coaches with an annual salary of almost $1.13 million. According to a source, the average NFL defensive coordinator makes between $750,000 and $850,000 per year.

@Brat&Beer I absolutely refuse to believe that. If it was true NFL coaches would be leaving for college football in droves.

The NFL is where all the money is. this is where players and coaches go to seek their fortunes.

Edited by Chili

14 minutes ago, Chili said:

@Brat&Beer I absolutely refuse to believe that. If it was true NFL coaches would be leaving for college football in droves.

The NFL is where all the money is. this is where players and coaches go to seek their fortunes.

I think you are badly underestimating how much money goes into the upper tier power 5 ncaa football programs.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eff this.

Oh my god please no. Rather go with an unproven hungry assistant than someone who has already failed miserably twice at being a DC in the league(Those Lions teams were devoid of any talent so I'll cut him some slack there)

Edited by deltarich87