2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

3 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Dalvin Tomlinson, with the NYG.

Okay. Thanks. Reminds me I'd half read a NY Post article a couple days ago about their top two FA concerns/targets: Williams and Tomlinson. Neither seemed to be in our $$$-range, so I didnt pay much attention while reading. 

Would *love* to gear up the DL into something along the lines of our top comp in terms of "stoutness". It would free up and make better players of our pass rushers (and dare I say our MLB).

Suh only had a one year deal. Barrett just said it's time for him to "break the bank." David's contract is up. Gronk's deal is up. Now they can just sit back and wait to see who wants a ring. After a decade, I gotta believe if Gute says "wanna ring with Rodgers" players are thinking whatever dude. You just can't sh*t the bed every year

Edited by cannondale

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Assuming we're in the 8-9m range I think Watt can garner, you're giving that to a run plug? Tomlinson is younger and a nice piece. In a normal year I'd be happy with that, but the guy doesn't really rush the passer.

Give me Watt at that price. I'm not paying anything over 5m for a guy who isn't at less useful in sub packages.

Tomlinson's not a sack guy, but he's a fairly good juice guy as a rusher. And most importantly I know he's gonna be here.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like this idea.  I think he can replace some of what Jones and Ervin gave us, as a back-up to Dillon.  What is the assumed going rate for a James White? 

The more I think about it, he's a perfect fit. Probably one of those $3m guys that I think Gute is gonna have to target and load up on. Great compliment to Dillon. He doesn't need a ring, but if he wants to come here, I'm making the call. Rodgers will trust him immediately in the pass game

• Like 1

James White yes he could replace Jones nicely and at a fraction of the cost.  Not a real drop off in talent.  Very good back with good receiving skills.  Slasher same running style as Jones.  He went to Wisconsin no?  Maybe he's a closet Packer fan.  Seriously though I'd be stoked if we could land him.

39 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

James White yes he could replace Jones nicely and at a fraction of the cost.  Not a real drop off in talent.  Very good back with good receiving skills.  Slasher same running style as Jones.  He went to Wisconsin no?  Maybe he's a closet Packer fan.  Seriously though I'd be stoked if we could land him.

James White could replace Jones? James White has never had a 100 rushing attempts in a year. He's a much better receiver than a runner. I'd rather have Jamaal Williams who is a more complete back. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

James White could replace Jones? James White has never had a 100 rushing attempts in a year. He's a much better receiver than a runner. I'd rather have Jamaal Williams who is a more complete back. 

He's a pretty damn good runner.  I've watched him plenty.  He's a complementary back not a bell cow.  Glad he has had fewer rush attempts less wear on the tires.  It's unlikely Jones is going to be back.  That being the case White would be an excellent pick up.  Williams doesn't have the same big play potential as White.  He's solid in pass pro but lacks explosion.  Given the choice I'd take White.  Williams would be easier to replace IMO. 

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Williams hasn't heard a peep from the Packers. That means he's gone. Right or wrong, Dillon is the Packers Derrick Henry. James White would be a change of pace, and 3rd down back who has been there, done that. The Packers need more of those types of guys IMO

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 7:15 PM, Scoremore said:

Did you just type “not a real drop off in talent”?  Hey, White’s a nice player but let’s not b.s. ourselves. Not saying I wouldn’t sign White and let Jones walk, I would with Dillion here. Just want to keep it real. 

Edited by MantyWrestler