Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The one thing I could never get over is how his whole family stopped talking to him.  You’ve got one sibling and it’s a spat, two siblings and things get suspicious, but if it’s true Aaron doesn’t talk to any of his family, who is the ***hole?

I've no clue about his family situation - nor have I read up on it to any degree. He's had issues with a Brother far as I know. Those situations can be a morass of BS and discerning who did what to who first, second or third can be downright impossible.

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'm starting to think this Rodgers guy had a bad trip in some California meditation retreat with his fiance. This is some Kanye level **** lol

Kanye is bipolar. So there is a legitimate reason for him to act the way he does.

3 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I know this is just speculation but if it's half way accurate I'm doing the deal today.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-trade-rumors-potential-broncos-raiders-packages-to-acquire-star-packers-quarterback/

Not really a fan of any of these speculative trade proposals, to be honest. Especially not from Denver. The only one that seems like it might be okay is Derek Carr, but I'm not sure I'd do that. I would stand pat and force Rodgers to play as a Packer or to retire before doing any of these moves. That's just my opinion though. 

Bummed for Love in all of this. Seems like his options are, be forced to start before he's ready, or we commit to Rodgers long-term and he probably never starts in GB and is traded when his value is the highest (most likely after his best preseason performance).

Why would we ask for an established QB in any potential trade of Rodgers?  Who wants their contract problems? If Rodgers leaves Gutekunst’s future will depend on the man Rodgers left town over. Love will play.  If he doesn’t cut it someone will be picking early enough to try someone else. Taking 4 or 5 early Draft choices and promising young players for a disgruntled 38 year old QB who will account for a large percentage of our salary cap sounds like a deal to me. If,if, any of the reports about people needing to be fired are true then good riddance I say.  That goes beyond how good a player he still is. 
Not everyone is Tom Brady and Rodgers move style of QB play is not ideal for an old guy, and he is not as effective as a pocket only passer.  All these things are our problem now as age sets in as it always does.  If it was you would you mortgage three years for him? I understand clearly the pressure a GM who would make this deal is under.  
To me it would seem the Rodgers era is over.  He doesn’t seem to need or want us any longer and we can still benefit from him not playing for us. Poking every Packer fan on the Earth in the eye on Draft day was not coincidental and not helpful. Forcing him to retire to skirt the rules as Palmer did is not helpful.  Especially the GBP. Let him out. Take the picks. 

• Like 1

I would respect Rodgers more if he just came clean and told everyone what he wants. For someone that claims he doesn’t need to be involved with personnel moves ... he gets upset with them.

Like if he said I want guarantee years, per contract years, that makes GB commitment to me and trying to win now and I want say in the guys I have to throw the ball to as well. I don’t think anyone would be that upset and could get behind him.

But this slow drip from his camp is having the opposite affect, it just makes him look small. I mean he is in person... am I right everyone? Haha

Just now, incognito_man said:

Maybe Gute leaked the Kumerow thing to make Rodgers look bad lol

If he did good for him... because mission accomplished.

At least Favre got mad over a hofer in Randy Moss. Like Moss vs Kumerow... one is not like the other.

Like as a GM do you have to worry about cutting the 5th lb just because he makes Rodgers laugh?

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

If he did good for him... because mission accomplished.

At least Favre got mad over a hofer in Randy Moss. Like Moss vs Kumerow... one is not like the other.

Like as a GM do you have to worry about cutting the 5th lb just because he makes Rodgers laugh?

You may have to.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I know this is just speculation but if it's half way accurate I'm doing the deal today.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-trade-rumors-potential-broncos-raiders-packages-to-acquire-star-packers-quarterback/

No doubt .. bye bye Aaron.  I'd say well, it was a great run, but it's time to turn the page and begin a new era in GB. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

8 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

You may have to.

Oh I’m sure but it’s like what are we doing? It’s like crazy pills.

I thought the issue was they didn’t spend high picks or money on weapons for him? But now it’s hurt feelings over an UDFA, that has done next to nothing in the league? 

Look a report coming out saying he is crazy pissed they didn’t resign linsey... and he doesn’t want to break in a new center this late in his career. I mean we can all agree why he would be upset over that... but really kumerow? That’s the piece that’s going to topple this empire? Kumerow