Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I think it will come down to what he wants. I still don't quite understand what he is looking for at this time? What kind of contract is he looking for with Green Bay? Or is it beyond that point now and a trade is all he will accept? If its the latter, I don't care, let him retire. If its. the former, it has to be something that makes sense to the team. Sacrificing our future for one player, even a superstar like Rodgers, is not going to be good in the long run.

Yeah, I agree with this. I'm with you on not understanding what his actual issue is. This team has went 13-3 the last two seasons, and he just won MVP and was a couple plays away from going to the Super Bowl. Why wouldn't you want to come back to a team that was mostly kept intact to give it another shot in 2021. If he's truly upset about the Love pick, then frankly I think he just needs to get over it, and play. He's 38, not 28.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Yeah I agree here.  It would be unwise to offer him another 5 year deal with gty that extend into 2024.

Agreed .. give the guy a new deal that is structured in a way that the Packers cut bait after 2022 season.  That gives Rodgers two years of non-lame duck status and a window to win the Super Bowl in GB.  If they can't accomplish it then part ways in 2022 and hand the thing over to Love, who hopefully will be more than ready to lead this team.  Right now .. it doesn't appear he is ready, or the Packers wouldn't be groveling as much.

If the plan is to go all in for 2021 and 2022, giving rodgers a  surface level horrible deal which extends into 2025 isn't the worst thing since it means you'll be picking in the top 10 in 2024/25 and can do a real rebuild

5 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I think it will come down to what he wants. I still don't quite understand what he is looking for at this time? What kind of contract is he looking for with Green Bay? Or is it beyond that point now and a trade is all he will accept? If its the latter, I don't care, let him retire. If its. the former, it has to be something that makes sense to the team. Sacrificing our future for one player, even a superstar like Rodgers, is not going to be good in the long run.

While I completely understand your point, I think you could also make a reasonable argument that going forward with Love is sacrificing our short term future for one player.

• Like 1

Some have questioned this but it's pretty clear as day...the Niners beat our *** in the 2019 championship game and then screwed us even worse by moving up for Aiyuk. Guaranteed he would have been a Packer at 26 over Love and then we wouldn't be in this mess.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Some have questioned this but it's pretty clear as day...the Niners beat our *** in the 2019 championship game and then screwed us even worse by moving up for Aiyuk. Guaranteed he would have been a Packer at 26 over Love and then we wouldn't be in this mess.

I'm glad they did. I'll take Love. Aiyuk is never going to be the type of WR worth that pick. He's a worse Deebo Samuel.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'm glad they did. I'll take Love. Aiyuk is never going to be the type of WR worth that pick. He's a worse Deebo Samuel.

Should have just given up the 3rd it would have taken to get Jefferson. Talk about a can't miss prospect. Bakh or no Bakh, we win the SB with JJ last season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

While I completely understand your point, I think you could also make a reasonable argument that going forward with Love is sacrificing our short term future for one player.

Are you talking about the team starting Love (because of current circumstances) this year and the team not being good in the short term? If yes, I don't think thats a sacrifice. Yes, we are terrible one year (or two) but will be rewarded with better draft picks as a result. Potentially good enough to draft an upgrade on Love (if things don't work out).

If Rodgers had played at the same level prior to this season then there would no conversation to have. My concern with putting all our eggs in the Rodgers basket is simply because based on the last few years and his age, we are more likely to have his non-MVP kind of years for the rest of his career. We would be in the same position once Rodgers retires eventually with whoever we have as a the starting QB, Love or otherwise. This gives us an unfortunately early jump start to that phase. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Should have just given up the 3rd it would have taken to get Jefferson. Talk about a can't miss prospect. Bakh or no Bakh, we win the SB with JJ last season.

I disagree, Jefferson plays about as well as MVS in that game, MVS was a damn stud.

But yes, Jefferson would be Adams level good there. That will sting.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Aiyuk is never going to be the type of WR worth that pick. He's a worse Deebo Samuel.

Couldn't agree more. Aiyuk went to probably one of the best teams he could've gone to and they reached on him. He's got a great burst, but no real long speed. Solid WR2/3, but not who you want as your go-to.

36 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Something that stuck out to me reading this story. Gutey twice said " get him back playing for us". Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but don't like that word.

Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Aaron Rodgers and inside the biggest stories on NFL draft night - Sports Illustrated

"back" as in "post offseason" i.e. "back in GB after his offseason in California (or wherever)" is how I read it

Is there a realistic path to reconciliation other than trading Jordan Love? 

Let’s be honest , 

This isn’t a ‘Gute’ thing 

this isn’t a ‘contract’ thing

this isn’t a ‘weaponzz’ thing 

This is about Jordan Love being on the roster. 

GB has made it abundantly clear that we want him as our QB . If he’s playing good ball, of course we’d want him to continue to play. 

That’s not good for Aaron though. For some reason, despite him winning the MVP he’s still paranoid . He wants us to be beholden and reliant on him. 

Thats not fair for The Green Bay Packers, that’s not right for The Green Bay Packers. 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Is there a realistic path to reconciliation other than trading Jordan Love? 

Let’s be honest , 

This isn’t a ‘Gute’ thing 

this isn’t a ‘contract’ thing

this isn’t a ‘weaponzz’ thing 

This is about Jordan Love being on the roster. 

GB has made it abundantly clear that we want him as our QB . If he’s playing good ball, of course we’d want him to continue to play. 

That’s not good for Aaron though. For some reason, despite him winning the MVP he’s still paranoid . He wants us to be beholden and reliant on him. 

Thats not fair for The Green Bay Packers, that’s not right for The Green Bay Packers. 

this is essentially what I said earlier. Aaron could probably care less about what GB does with Jordan Love, but he wants to stick it to the team by forcing them to financially commit to him for the duration of Love's rookie contract (thus effectively turning him into a wasted pick).