Jump to content

Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay


Recommended Posts

Why are people suggesting that the Packers should just let Rodgers sit?

That isn't going to happen.   Worst case- He will come back in time to accrue a year of service.    If that happens the Packers are screwed.  The all in plan for this year fails, and they still have the same problem going forward.   The compensation for trading Rodgers only declines.

I also don't understand the people who are putting all of the blame on Rodgers for what is taking place.    The Packers front office mismanaged the back end of Rodgers time in Green Bay, and drafted the replacement too early.   Unlike Farve playing the holdout game each offseason, Rodgers has maintained all along he wanted to play longer.   The decision to trade up and draft Love was a poor move that even a blind man should have seen was going to lead to this situation.    There now are two options.   You play it like the Patriots, and move Love along, or you should have traded Rodgers before the last draft.   The front office again messed up that situation.

It is understandable that they don't want to move Love, but if that was the case - they needed to move Rodgers.    Instead they paid the other guys to try and have a 1 year "all in", but they forgot about the QB in that plan.   Rodgers being Rodgers, isn't going to make it easy for the front office to fix these mistakes.  They have worked with the guy for 16 years, they should have known this would be the case.   They have known he was a complicated fellow.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

However if he holds out of TC I think GB trades him before week 1 because FO won’t want the all season long distraction.   Raiders have said Carr is their man but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Rodgers sent there in a three team trade sending Carr to NO - w GB getting NO first round pick with two others from LV.  Maybe LV gets a 4th from NO for Carr.  GB hopefully would also get Crosby OLB/DE or maybe Ruggs?  Tough to say exactly but I hope it wouldn’t be Denver too easy for Rodgers with the offensive weapons they have there.  Noah Fant wouldn’t be a bad acquisition though either 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Why are people suggesting that the Packers should just let Rodgers sit?

That isn't going to happen.   Worst case- He will come back in time to accrue a year of service.    If that happens the Packers are screwed.  The all in plan for this year fails, and they still have the same problem going forward.   The compensation for trading Rodgers only declines.

I also don't understand the people who are putting all of the blame on Rodgers for what is taking place.    The Packers front office mismanaged the back end of Rodgers time in Green Bay, and drafted the replacement too early.   Unlike Farve playing the holdout game each offseason, Rodgers has maintained all along he wanted to play longer.   The decision to trade up and draft Love was a poor move that even a blind man should have seen was going to lead to this situation.    There now are two options.   You play it like the Patriots, and move Love along, or you should have traded Rodgers before the last draft.   The front office again messed up that situation.

It is understandable that they don't want to move Love, but if that was the case - they needed to move Rodgers.    Instead they paid the other guys to try and have a 1 year "all in", but they forgot about the QB in that plan.   Rodgers being Rodgers, isn't going to make it easy for the front office to fix these mistakes.  They have worked with the guy for 16 years, they should have known this would be the case.   They have known he was a complicated fellow.

Because he signed the contract.  End of story.  Play to your contract - he signed it.  Put your money where your mouth is.  That’s how I see it.  You sign it , you play.  He has criticized  others for not playing to theirs, yet he doesn’t play to his because they didn’t consult him about drafting a QB.  Criticized culture yet he holds out and sets a bad example creating negative culture.  Yeah I do see it completely as his fault.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In reality they won’t make him sit because that would be a drama train for the entire season.  If he’s not there for TC I’m willing to bet the farm he’s traded before week 1.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, packfan1 said:

In reality they won’t make him sit because that would be a drama train for the entire season.  If he’s not there for TC I’m willing to bet the farm he’s traded before week 1.

Sick of farming are ya? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

Why are people suggesting that the Packers should just let Rodgers sit?

That isn't going to happen.   Worst case- He will come back in time to accrue a year of service.    If that happens the Packers are screwed.  The all in plan for this year fails, and they still have the same problem going forward.   The compensation for trading Rodgers only declines.

I also don't understand the people who are putting all of the blame on Rodgers for what is taking place.    The Packers front office mismanaged the back end of Rodgers time in Green Bay, and drafted the replacement too early.   Unlike Farve playing the holdout game each offseason, Rodgers has maintained all along he wanted to play longer.   The decision to trade up and draft Love was a poor move that even a blind man should have seen was going to lead to this situation.    There now are two options.   You play it like the Patriots, and move Love along, or you should have traded Rodgers before the last draft.   The front office again messed up that situation.

It is understandable that they don't want to move Love, but if that was the case - they needed to move Rodgers.    Instead they paid the other guys to try and have a 1 year "all in", but they forgot about the QB in that plan.   Rodgers being Rodgers, isn't going to make it easy for the front office to fix these mistakes.  They have worked with the guy for 16 years, they should have known this would be the case.   They have known he was a complicated fellow.

Doesn't work like that. As soon as Rodgers fails to report, he loses his accrued season. That was a change in the last CBA.

As far as the Packers drafting his inevitably replacement. We only put up with this bull**** from QBs. If the Packers had drafted a TE, nobody would be bending over backwards to suck off Tonyan if he held out.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

As soon as Rodgers fails to report, he loses his accrued season. That was a change in the last CBA.

For real? Wow!!! That is if he fails to report for TC or for the first game of the season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Doesn't work like that. As soon as Rodgers fails to report, he loses his accrued season. That was a change in the last CBA.

As far as the Packers drafting his inevitably replacement. We only put up with this bull**** from QBs. If the Packers had drafted a TE, nobody would be bending over backwards to suck off Tonyan if he held out.

The accrued season thing is only for guys on their first contracts, FYI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

For real? Wow!!! That is if he fails to report for TC or for the first game of the season?

It's even worse than that......
All NFL QB's have a microchip embedded in their heads that if they even think of holding out a message is sent to the league office and they lose that years accrued service! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, its only about when you trade him.    Hes been here for 16 years, if it was 6 years, its a different story.  

The end is near for Rodgers, and its time to at least explore what we can get for him.

Comes down to the market now vs after the season.  Whats the best time to trade him.

Ive got very little hope we can overcome the Bucs this season.   They got everyone back, the beat us at Lambeau without Antonio Brown, Winfield, and Vita Vea on a very limited basis.   Plus you got Seattle, and the Niners in the mix.  Do we beat the Rams if Aaron Donald was healthy? 

We are actually talking about 1 season (this season)  before Rodgers is likely traded.

In what is likely going to be a lost season for the Packers as far as the Super Bowl is concerned, Trading Rodgers comes down to trading him this Summer vs next off season.

You can buy some time for Love to develop if Rodgers stays, you can buy time with Blake Bortles as well although not as promising for 2021.   

For me it comes down to not if, but when do you trade him.     

 

 

Edited by NFLGURU
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, packfan1 said:

And imo I think Murphy made the complicated fella comment because he already knows AR isn’t coming back and it’s beyond repair.

IMO, Murphy didn't originate that 'complicated fells' remark.  He quoted TT, that's plausible deniability.  Murphy made that remark to shove it in Rodgers face, because plausible deniability has been Rodgers game all year.  He hasn't asked for a trade, he hasn't asked for a raise.  He's had other people do it for him, plausible deniability.  He hasn't really burned the bridge to the fans and he's hoping to cross it when he has to come back.

Rodgers has always thought he was the smartest guy in the room, but he is competing with Gute and Murphy- both pretty sharp guys themselves.  The plan is still in effect to replace Rodgers after this year, Rodgers wants to make his own call but doesn't have the leverage.....that's where we're at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Oh, that sucks. OOC got a source on that?

I read the actual CBA section on it, so if you download the pdf and then do a search for the relevant article it's there

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...