Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

That's not AR power however as much as it's sports media feeding the fan bases with hyperbole, conjecture and opinion.

The fans need to realize they're being played - by the same people (and industries) that not but a few months ago were all hot to trot about how Wilson was done in SEA and extending that falsehood into projections of where he would go / could go / should go......what bearing that would have on this executive or that executive....etc, etc, etc.

It was all smoke and mirrors - but they had people going for weeks.

The entire industry is built around having something to say - multiple times a day - every day.

Get off the treadmill.

So when some "non-sequitur"  such as "he's a complicated guy" gets posted - dont fill in the unstated portion about what it means / why (or if) it should have been said / what effect it will have......etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. 

Get off the treadmill. Dont get caught up in the day to day conjecture, opinion and falsehoods.

This is your run of the mill contract dispute and it wont be decided until it has to. 

Its fun to speculate, I certainly do my share, but I think there's a lot of truth in your post.

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Players and coaches have basically removed themselves from the equation. Some players have said they understand it's business, while others have said 'they support AR' (they obviously can't say "I don't support AR")

It's one thing to say that when their actions aren't affecting you. It's an entirely other thing to say that when they are on the field with you sabotaging their own performance which directly impacts your own performance. 

Edited by TransientTexan

6 hours ago, 15412 said:

My position stands, I haven’t bitched about Ol Rodg anywhere.  That’s where your confusion lies.  I have simply pointed out the facts concerning his contract and my opinion on how it should be handled.  Along with my hopes that the team does handle it in a similar matter.  So there is no “making up”.  If he is a Packer great, we like good players, I just hope we’re not buried in a no way out bad contract.  You see, I’m a Packer fan.  Long term.  Not a fan of any one player.  Team above player and franchise above team.

I don't want to get in a pissing match with my fellow Squatch, but I think it's disengenuos to say you've never bitched about ol Rodg in this thread.  I'm not gonna go back over 325 pages, but it's all there amigo.  And it's fine to criticize Rodg, I was just wondering if you and other critics will get back on board if he comes back, which you've already answered. 

11 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Of course he is going to take offence to that!!! 

When someone asks you how is it going with your girlfriend and you say 'it's complicated' that is basically saying 'I'm out shagging someone else, or she is out shagging someone else, or it's all over.'

To call Rodgers 'complicated' is bascially calling him out to be a prick. And to call someone as sensitive as Rodgers in public a prick is a disaster. But I do rate Murphy for saying it.

Rodgers isn't stupid.

He's a complex character and its a very complex situation that's going to be difficult to work out. Because the two sides have objectives and priorities that aren't mutually compatible.

Calling him a complicated fella is a pretty good way of summing it all up. He would probably take it as a compliment that he's not someone that can be easily played/manipulated. 

No offence but you do seem very tabloidy in nature. 

5 hours ago, R T said:

You have said this numerous times in the past week and it is a ridiculous take. There are 80+ other guys working their a**** off this off season to be the best they can be and have the greatest season they can possibly have. You think for a second that Rodgers is going to showup and undermine every individuals year long work? There would be a line out the locker room door of guys waiting their turn to ripe Rodgers head off and **** down his neck hole. It is one thing to play games in the off season, but when you enter that locker room you are now all in as a team. He is not going down the road you are suggesting, ever.  

Yep it also goes against everything we know or think we know about Rodgers.

Supposedly he cares deeply about his legacy and what people think of him. Turning up and and not bothering is the single worst thing he could do for that. He would badly let down the fans, his team mates and coaches all of whom he claims to love. 

He claimed he wouldn't have a Favre type exit. Sabataging the season is 100 times worse.