Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

12 minutes ago, R T said:

Rodgers has renewed his membership to the Green Bay Country Club for the remainder of 2021, does that tell us anything?

No.   That's like me buying a box of toothpicks on sale at the Dollar Store. And splitting it with someone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R T said:

Rodgers has renewed his membership to the Green Bay Country Club for the remainder of 2021, does that tell us anything?

Get Rodgers, Gute, Murphy, and MLF out there to film Green Bays version of Caddyshack starring Bakhtiari as the grounds keeper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

man, he wanted to get out that long ago?

Nah he put it up for sale for a different reason, it was a smaller affordable home, I believe. It was widely reported about it being on the market and the sales pitch was that we may even be able to afford it 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawkfan191 said:

I saw the interview and that word caught my attention. After thinking about it, I think Adams believes Rodgers is coming back, but I don't think that was a slip. I think it's more Adams hoping to comes to fruition. I'm not convinced and at this point, don't think his coming back is a good thing.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I saw the interview and that word caught my attention. After thinking about it, I think Adams believes Rodgers is coming back, but I don't think that was a slip. I think it's more Adams hoping to comes to fruition. I'm not convinced and at this point, don't think his coming back is a good thing.

Well, that and he also used the word “if” Rodgers comes back prior to that. It’s almost as if he talked about 2 different possibilities of the scenario using if he doesn’t and when he does to do it. 

I mean people will probably look more into the when as that’s what everyone wants but at the end of the day there’s nothing here that’s too telling. At least in my opinion.

So with the NFL and Players Assoc agreeing on a ChiComm virus opt out for all players we should know something on Ol Rodg much sooner than we thought.  They have until July 2nd to make a permanent decision.  If Rodg wimps out he keeps his signing bonuses to the tune of 18 million.  Gives up his salary though and does not gain a year of service.  He also ages a year more with rust galore.

Here's your chance Rodg, you can really give them a taste of their own medicine now!  Hmphh!!

I take it the team (since if you declare you can't change your decision) can immediately claim the salary back under the cap?

I don't believe he'll do it, but we won't have to wait long to find out.  He gives up an awful lot if he does and I'm not just talking money.  He may never play again.

Edited by 15412

3 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Ok great? His salary still comes off the books and there is no pressure on the team to move him until the off-season. Next year they still have all the leverage they have now.

And we get a year to look at Jordan Love to see what we have in him! win/win for Packers IMO.

As Clint Eastwood once said as Dirty Harry, "go ahead, make my day!" 

Edited by Old Guy