Round 1: Pick #29; Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Packerraymond

39 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Going into full "husband" mode now.  Seen it a thousand times.  First you get married.  Then you talk about kids, and settle on getting a dog, "for now".  You'll have a baby @Packerraymond in 3-4 years, tops.  Just don't forget about your furr-baby along the way.

It is how these things go.  

Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Right? I said it playfully at first. I mean the issue here is obvious:

@Ragnarok must believe the GB front office are stupid for letting Hayward walk if it was clear that Randall and Rollins would bust after year 1. That must be true to support his stance: that he knew better than they did in 2016.

OR

It might be the case his ego is in the way and he is obviously using hindsight to justify a stance he feels strongly connected to now and will die on a hill defending it. And the actual reality is that (and everyone agrees) Randall and Rollins are busts, but after year one it appeared they were not. 

Nobody is saying it was ultimately the right decision to let Hayward walk and keep them. Literally nobody believes that. But it's also obvious that the front office is composed of very smart people who determined that Randall and Rollins based on year one were unlikely to bust.

They were wrong, but anyone who thinks that calculation was wrong in 2016 is full of both themselves and scchit.

Yah missed one @incognito_man .  It is a perfectly fine take to understand why Hayward was released and still be upset about him being gone after the contract terms came out.  I seem to recall thinking that he was worth much more than that deal.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yah missed one @incognito_man .  It is a perfectly fine take to understand why Hayward was released and still be upset about him being gone after the contract terms came out.  I seem to recall thinking that he was worth much more than that deal.

You're essentially saying exactly what I said ha. The entire point is that it was consensus that Randall and Rollins looked good enough to part ways with Hayward. It was a very reasonable call. 

Can't keep em all and letting Hayward walk was a pretty obvious decision at the time. Wrong in hindsight, but clear at the time.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You're essentially saying exactly what I said ha. The entire point is that it was consensus that Randall and Rollins looked good enough to part ways with Hayward. It was a very reasonable call. 

Can't keep em all and letting Hayward walk was a pretty obvious decision at the time. Wrong in hindsight, but clear at the time.

Would need look at the old site to see how that FA decision was viewed.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Right? I said it playfully at first. I mean the issue here is obvious:

@Ragnarok must believe the GB front office are stupid for letting Hayward walk if it was clear that Randall and Rollins would bust after year 1. That must be true to support his stance: that he knew better than they did in 2016.

OR

It might be the case his ego is in the way and he is obviously using hindsight to justify a stance he feels strongly connected to now and will die on a hill defending it. And the actual reality is that (and everyone agrees) Randall and Rollins are busts, but after year one it appeared they were not. 

Nobody is saying it was ultimately the right decision to let Hayward walk and keep them. Literally nobody believes that. But it's also obvious that the front office is composed of very smart people who determined that Randall and Rollins based on year one were unlikely to bust.

They were wrong, but anyone who thinks that calculation was wrong in 2016 is full of both themselves and scchit.

Still wrong.

Rollins never showed anything to make anyone believe he would be anything except a bust.  I dont think Randall ever did either.  You can disagree on Randall if you want, I can at least see why people would think different.

No hindsight, ego, or whatever else you want to try to call it.

3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Macadamia nut white chocolate cookies are the best kind of cookie.

Agree with this.

1.) Your Macadamia Nut choice, but because of how sweet they are they must be on a pitch count for me. 

2.) Classic No-Bake.

3.) Peanut Butter. 

4.) Oatmeal Raisin, my Grandma's best cookie back in the day.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Would need look at the old site to see how that FA decision was viewed.

I lived through it. I remember. He had a brilliant rookie season and then disappointed for 3 straight years. People were disappointed he didn't live up to his rookie season expectations (sound familiar?) but the consensus was it was a totally fine decision to let him walk.

52 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Rollins never showed anything to make anyone believe he would be anything except a bust.

This is so extreme though. Maybe he never showed he could start. He absolutely wasn't like "oh man he's a bust for sure!" after rookie year. 

This is when I miss a site with a strong member post search. Used to be able to find people being wrong about their own memories all the time. I never thought much about Rollins and I know here you need to have the best RAS WAR OPS **** and he didn't hit high but Jesus man. Pff was blowing him up and I hate pff but there was some reason to think he could at least kinda maybe have a chance not an absolute sure fire bust at one point.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I lived through it. I remember. He had a brilliant rookie season and then disappointed for 3 straight years. People were disappointed he didn't live up to his rookie season expectations (sound familiar?) but the consensus was it was a totally fine decision to let him walk.

Everyone knew he was going to be a pro bowler if he left. He never showed anything other than being a future pro bowl corner. 

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

This is so extreme though. Maybe he never showed he could start. He absolutely wasn't like "oh man he's a bust for sure!" after rookie year. 

This is when I miss a site with a strong member post search. Used to be able to find people being wrong about their own memories all the time. I never thought much about Rollins and I know here you need to have the best RAS WAR OPS **** and he didn't hit high but Jesus man. Pff was blowing him up and I hate pff but there was some reason to think he could at least kinda maybe have a chance not an absolute sure fire bust at one point.

I was on another forum then, and don't feel like going back to look there.

That said, I think that line has gone about as far as it can.

I already love Stokes though.