Round 1: Pick #29; Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Packerraymond

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I actually did the math and looked if it meant something but nothing clicked so I assumed it was a random number lol

I'm sure I ****ed up but it was just so I had one more post than you but someone was talking on my ear at the same time so I'll blame them. I like the random number better, trying to get you to figure it out and being confused anyways

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think it goes to say that having Jaire as a mentor alone will help him get better and we don't need him to be a world beater right out of the gate so he has to have that in the back of his mind, which obviously takes off pressure.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, spilltray said:

Is it just me or is Stokes playing at a Defensive Rookie of the Year level?

Even seeing his athletic gifts I wouldn't have expected this level of play this year.

He doesn't have the INTs though.  Usually that is a high sack or INT guy, or an ILB with a million tackles.

Like, this isn't the end-all-be-all, but Stokes didn't even make the list.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-rookie-rankings-at-halfway-point-of-2021-season-bears-justin-fields-rising

Edited by ThatJerkDave

Just now, spilltray said:

I get he doesn't have flashy numbers but if guys who actually watched their play on the field, he's that level of good.

I don't disagree.  And he has had to step into a much greater role than we anticipated as well, and the defense has been very good.  But you gotta get some of the hype too, and Stokes just isn't getting it.

14 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't disagree.  And he has had to step into a much greater role than we anticipated as well, and the defense has been very good.  But you gotta get some of the hype too, and Stokes just isn't getting it.

Classic Packers "reach" pick. couple years and people will notice.

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

Is it just me or is Stokes playing at a Defensive Rookie of the Year level?

Even seeing his athletic gifts I wouldn't have expected this level of play this year.

Parsons is going to get it but Stokes should be in the running. 

I don’t think anyone thought he’d be this good this fast. Guy is sticky , he’s always in the right position. Teams didn’t throw at him in college and now they’re not in the pros. Once he improves his ball skills he’s going to be one of the best in the league.