2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

55 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

So if we do the ole Rodgers for 3 first rounders razzle-dazzle, do we contemplate the ole "Brian Brohm" maneuver and consider someone like Carson Strong as direct competition if they fall that late to one of our later first rounders if we make the hard determination someone there late round 1 is better than Love?  the Kyler Murray clause no longer makes that prospect unpalatable.  

I think if we deal him to Denver we get Lock .. if we deal him to Raiders we might wind up with Carr.  

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

Sooo the loss means we pick 28th, right? I’ve had an eye on Jameson Williams since he tore his ACL, could have a better shot now that we’re picking in front of KC. 

If KC loses tomorrow, they would be picking ahead of GB I think

2 hours ago, chillparsi1 said:

Wasn't sure where else to put this. Who are the tone setters/culture changers in this year's class? Leaders/alpha males, swagger bringers, toughness providers, any type of tone welcome. 

I like Nakobe Dean for that. Saw him getting on some other Georgia LB on field in the NCG about being in the right places & making plays. Was smacking his helmet n screaming at him. Guy came up big on a goal line stand within a few snaps. That’s the type of guys I want on our defense.

Doubt he’s available at 28 but I’m in the trade Rodgers for picks camp. Would be nice to get him if we lose Campbell (which we most certainly will).

On 5/2/2021 at 1:00 AM, gopackgo972 said:

Maybe if Rodgers is gone and we suck again we will be in a position to draft Kayvon Thibodeaux.  

I'm not sure why, but I'm sorta sour on this kid. I've tuned in a few times this year and everytime I watched him he didn't do squat. But I also hate Nike and Oregon so maybe that is manipulating my brain. But I for sure am not in love with him. 

On 5/2/2021 at 1:08 AM, Refugee said:

Although the timing of this is premature, I have heard the ‘22 class is loaded with DL prospects.  We need at least one decent vet to stopgap this year but  our days of mediocre to undrafted linemen from Northwestern should be finally over, hopefully with Keke and Slaton continuing to develop and KC starting to dominate. 

Keke is a Texan now btw. We cut him

• Like 1

IDL- Devante Wyatt  Georgia; Travis Jones  UConn

Edge-  Cameron Thomas  SDSU;  Jermaine Johnson  FSU

WR-  Greg (?) Bell  Purdue;  Alec Pierce  Cincinati;  Skyy Moore  Western Michigan

A short wish list so far for first three rounds.

20 minutes ago, Norm said:

Keke is a Texan now btw. We cut him

Thanks, man. My crystal ball was cloudy on May 1st.

Its a shame because he had some natural quickness in his hands and could sometimes time them with his feet. We’ll see if he can turn his NFL career around but with the concussion history and lack of progress, I don’t know if I would have re-signed him or even stuck with his final contract year. It’s a cold business. 

• Like 2