2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh and to the Cleveland media…

STOP TALKING ABOUT BAKERS CONTRACT SITUATION!!!!

We don’t ******* care!!!!

It’s going to get done. Just STOP!!!!

Yeah, he’s still under contract for this season and next without even using a franchise tag.  There’s all kinds of time to work things out.  Same goes for Denzel.

• Like 1

When we sign Baker (not IF)....it is going to cause Cap Parallelization....so as for me personally...Baker would play this year on the last year of the rookie deal, next year on the 5th year option, and year 6 on the Franchise tag. Next year we get Ward and Teller done (and quiet as kept, Njoku if he plays like he did for the 1rst game and last 5 games of last year),maybe even get a rework/extension for Myles....and prayerfully the kids perform like they were projected, and if that's the case, we get a deal done with DPJ and Greedy....then we sign Baker in year 7....I mean its going to be 40M a year (at that point probably more like 45-47) so he can wait on his 5 year 225M dollar deal.  I think the QB deals have plateaued unless Bmore does something stupid......

IMO only 2-3 QB's in the NFL are worth more than 40M a year....and Dak and Allen aint on the list.....Brady, Rogers and Maholmes are all worth 40.....I wouldnt pay not another QB more than 35M a year, that's 2M bucks a GAME.....

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, he’s still under contract for this season and next without even using a franchise tag.  There’s all kinds of time to work things out.  Same goes for Denzel.

Exactly. I’m just so sick of hearing Baker and contract talk when there’s sooo much more to discuss. 

Sorry for the rant. 

5 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Really?

Yeah, Their is a show where Nick Wright, Brandon Marshall, Mangini, and someone else does, can’t remember the name of it. It was discussed a few weeks ago on the show. Nick works with Mangini and I guess Nick and Baker are pretty tight. Mangini lives in the Cleveland area. So I guess Nick set up a meeting between those two guys.

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:
5 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Really?

Yeah, Their is a show where Nick Wright, Brandon Marshall, Mangini, and someone else does, can’t remember the name of it. It was discussed a few weeks ago on the show. Nick works with Mangini and I guess Nick and Baker are pretty tight. Mangini lives in the Cleveland area. So I guess Nick set up a meeting between those two guys.

Starts around the 2:30 point. 

After Mangini gives us his 2cents on how he loves how Baker has developed as a leader, Wright starts to talk about how he got these two guys to meet. He doesn’t out right say it but you can infer it. Its nice that Baker went out and is starting to pick the brains of people like Mangini and stuff

On 8/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

When we sign Baker (not IF)....it is going to cause Cap Parallelization....so as for me personally...Baker would play this year on the last year of the rookie deal, next year on the 5th year option, and year 6 on the Franchise tag. Next year we get Ward and Teller done (and quiet as kept, Njoku if he plays like he did for the 1rst game and last 5 games of last year),maybe even get a rework/extension for Myles....and prayerfully the kids perform like they were projected, and if that's the case, we get a deal done with DPJ and Greedy....then we sign Baker in year 7....I mean its going to be 40M a year (at that point probably more like 45-47) so he can wait on his 5 year 225M dollar deal.  I think the QB deals have plateaued unless Bmore does something stupid......

IMO only 2-3 QB's in the NFL are worth more than 40M a year....and Dak and Allen aint on the list.....Brady, Rogers and Maholmes are all worth 40.....I wouldnt pay not another QB more than 35M a year, that's 2M bucks a GAME.....

No way I’m going to ride that way with Baker. Cowboys did that with Dak and it caused some issues. Rather Baker not worry about his contract. You gotta think the contract Mahomes signed is going to be a steal once we see the contracts that reflect the Amazon money. Locking Baker up now or at least in a year would prolly save money in the long run.

• Like 2