GDT 2017: Week 8 - Dolphins @ Ravens on TNF

berlin calling

If only because I'm a desperate fantasy owner in bye week hell, but also because I think he's our best runner and our passing game is butt, I hope we try to unleash Alex Collins this Thursday. He's probably the only guy on our offense that I feel even moderately excited about when I watch him play. Game script will hopefully allow us to stick with a ground game so even if the Dolphins have a good front 7 I think I'd rather see Collins/Allen combine for 30-35 carries rather than praying for Flacco not to trip over his shoelaces and fumble the ball away 3 times if he's getting 40 dropbacks. 

7 hours ago, drd23 said:

As if our offense wasn't bad enough

Smash mouth football please. Two tight ends, a fullback, a runningback, a QB and Chris Moore on the outside to go deep. Then run it 90 percent of the time and let Koch do his magic. It will be more fun to watch than actually work, but at this moment, what the heck

The Chicago Bears and Jaguars have proven that you don't need to pass the ball to win games. You just need to manage the clock, get some first downs, and let your defense do the work. If we run 3 straight running plays and fail to get a 1st down, I'm more okay with that than trying to pass to a bunch of nobodies and trying to force a passing game.

40 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Only tolerable part of this game will be getting to hear Tony Romo go OFF on Morwhinwheg and Flacco. 

Romo: "3rd down and 5 look for Flacco to target Jeremy Maclin against man coverage here. He's got a favorable matchup in the slot!"

ball is snapped

Maclin runs a flat route to set a pick for Griff Whalen

Flacco stumbles over his own feet and throws a pick six

Romo: "What in the world was that...?"

I'm watching because we still have The Mighty Joe Flacco. Praise be to the higher power who has made it possible to see a Superbowl MVP do work down at the vault! And because I STILL believe we can win in spite of our fraudulent coaching and injuries. Ravens steal one at home 23-17!

Archived