2021 Training camp news and notes

Sad People

17 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's gotta be Charles Rogers IMO. The highest overall pick in the list, next pick in the draft that year was Andre Johnson, he was out of the league in 3 years, and it was personal issues that were known (partially) before the draft that were the crux of it.

He broke his clavicle twice in six games over two years. That gave him too much idle time to pursue his favorite off the field activity, sure. But I would say the crux was that his body couldn't take NFL contact.

49 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Jon Baldwin? R Jay Soward? Big Mike Williams? 

Those guys were all pretty bad busts as well, but I just can't put them on the same level as Kevin White. They at least had touchdowns in their careers lol. Mike Williams even put up a 700+ yard season. Soward wasn't a top 10 pick, so I don't think he's as big of a bust though he has some really comparable numbers.

Kevin White is now 29 years old going into his 6th NFL season. He has a career total of 285 receiving yards, and 0 touchdowns after being picked 7th overall in the 2015 draft. Unless something randomly clicks for him this season and he also manages to stay healthy, I think it's safe to say he could be considered the biggest WR bust in NFL history. 

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 5