2021 Defensive Thread

vegas492

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but year two there is no salary according to over the cap. Just prorated bonus money and 3 million in dead money. Meaning, he's not under contract with us next year. The vet minimum is more than 750K. So that can't be his salary either. Link to over the cap below. 

Green Bay Packers Salary Cap | Over the Cap 

Per Spotrac:   2022-25 years automatically void 23 days before the 22 league year ($3M dead cap)

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Correct so we got him for 1 year 5 million. There is no year 2 in the contract. 

Your point was he was signed for 8M. Not the case. Void years "advance forward" - so the 22-25 bill comes due next year - I strongly suspect, in the form of dead cap in so much as I dont think we'll be redoing his contract. 

This year's salary / cap hit is 1.929,412M
Salary - 1M
Signing bonus - 750K
Roster bonus - 129,412M
Workout bonus - 50K

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

He may be a stiff - but you'd be hard pressed to find a CB2 for less than 2M per year.  It was a "devil you know" type decision. The entire contract was subject to (either) getting scrapped after this year (and we pay the dead cap) - or - if he revives his career, perhaps redoing the contract - cause you'd be hard pressed to find a CB2 thats gonna play for 750K.

I don't get it.  He's a CB2 that has sucked in the biggest game last year and the 1st game this year.  The way he's played, CB2 won't be there for long .... hopefully.  And yes, he's a stiff and a crap CB2 who has cost them dearly.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Your point was he was signed for 8M. Not the case. Void years "advance forward" - so the 22-25 bill comes due next year - I strongly suspect, in the form of dead cap in so much as I dont think we'll be redoing his contract. 

This year's salary / cap hit is 1.929,412M
Salary - 1M
Signing bonus - 750K
Roster bonus - 129,412M
Workout bonus - 50K

1st year cap hit ... to much.   Salary ..  to much.  Signing bonus .. to much.  Roster bonus .. to much.  Workout bonus to much.  Yup - you guessed it; not a fan of King.

24 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

all these hopes and projections put on Gary but Z has been the critical piece in our pass rush, he was sorely missed on week 1 and he will be until he comes back.

Agreed. I think Gary can step up in the short-term, but we need Z's leadership and veteran savvy.

• Like 1