Zach Wilson decision looks bad now and Darnold looks like a gamer

Vladimir L

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The team is 1-3 this year, but on the bright side if their QB transfers he may become the #1 recruit.

"You threw for 2000 yards and 10 TDs? WTH would I give you a scholarship?"

"Adam Gase is my OC?"

"Oh ****... and STILL threw for 10 TDs? Sign here and enjoy your free ride. "

• Like 4

Its hilarious how after 2 games playing for the two worst teams in the league, Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson are getting so much hate because they havent looked as great as other QBs who started as rookies and had success.    

Not every rookie is going to come in and dominate immediately.   I agree its a bit discouraging for such highly drafted players to strughle early on...but it happens.    Even for top 3, supposedly pro-ready QBs, they arent used to the speed of an actual NFL game.   Its a different animal.    Then there are nerves.   Then there is getting acclimated to the offense.   Then there is the coaches figuring out how to best use you.  Etc...etc...

For the record....Peyton Manning looked horrid his first few games.   First 4 games had 3 TDs to 11 INTs.   And before anyone brings up how the rule changes since then have made things easier...thats BS.   Manning was inaccurate and made some terrible decisions early on, and looked a bit in over his head.   He eventually calmed down, and as the season went on, the game slowed down and we saw glimpses of the Peyton Manning to come.

Am I saying either Wilson or Lawrence will be great?   No....but the amount of kneejerking that goes on here, especially early in the season is so ridiculous.     By now Im used to it, but it never ceases to surprise me how over the top it gets.

Edited by 43M

17 minutes ago, 43M said:

Its hilarious how after 2 games playing for the two worst teams in the league, Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson are getting so much hate because they havent looked as great as other QBs who started as rookies and had success.    

Not every rookie is going to come in and dominate immediately.   I agree its a bit discouraging for such highly drafted players to strughle early on...but it happens.    Even for top 3, supposedly pro-ready QBs, they arent used to the speed of an actual NFL game.   Its a different animal.    Then there are nerves.   Then there is getting acclimated to the offense.   Then there is the coaches figuring out how to best use you.  Etc...etc...

For the record....Peyton Manning looked horrid his first few games.   First 4 games had 3 TDs to 11 INTs.   And before anyone brings up how the rule changes since then have made things easier...thats BS.   Manning was inaccurate and made some terrible decisions early on, and looked a bit in over his head.   He eventually calmed down, and as the season went on, the game slowed down and we saw glimpses of the Peyton Manning to come.

Am I saying either Wilson or Lawrence will be great?   No....but the amount of kneejerking that goes on here, especially early in the season is so ridiculous.     By now Im used to it, but it never ceases to surprise me how over the top it gets.

Different era. Different expectations. Not saying it's right, but it's gonna be like that now. 

11 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Different era. Different expectations. Not saying it's right, but it's gonna be like that now. 

Think it has much more to do with social media than eras. It does seem to be an easier transition with the game helping the offensive side of the ball but still.

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We have no idea if Zach Wilson is good either but the fact that they went from mid-round prospects at best to top 2 picks within a year is still insane. 

How is this insane? It happens every year with QB's. Andrew Luck/Lawrence prospects are the exception and it's completely normal to see QB's continue to grow as they get more experience in college.

12 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

How is this insane? It happens every year with QB's. Andrew Luck/Lawrence prospects are the exception and it's completely normal to see QB's continue to grow as they get more experience in college.

Joe Burrow/Zach Wilson's meteoric rises from mid-round players at best to elite prospects in a year doesn't happen often. For the most part everyone knew that Lawerence, Fields, Lance, etc would be top picks for years. 

• Like 1