Who takes home the W?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The stinky water creatures
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

1 hour ago, What? said:

Dolphins OL is dogsh*t...

Brissett has a 2.9 second release.. 5th worse in the NFL since 2017... Dude is ***.. complete dogsh*t .. 11-19 his record as starter, 59% completion %. And yards per completion the last 5 years.. Dolphins OL might be the worst in the NFL... it’s why the Bills defense put the stink on them...Maxx and Yannick are gonna eat that Sh*t up... wait for it.......

Raiders -34

Dolhins-13

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qevss7z4epiyg087zm

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we can affect the passer with a 4 man rush, the dolphins talent at receiver won’t matter. Just because their corners are good, doesn’t mean we can’t move the ball in the pass game. Waller is still a clear mismatch and if they put dudes on Ruggs/edwards, renfrow and drake will eat. Plus Moreau is a mismatch and is very talented even though some people want me to pump the brakes on him.

Moreau is a baller. He’d be TE1 on a lot of teams. 

• Like 5

I like Brian Flores feel like he is a very good coach. These guys just got manhandled by a division rival, they will be ready to play. I feel we’re the better team, so if we come correct we win. Can’t come out flat or expecting to win, because then we will get punched in the mouth 

I have a lot of respect for Flores. He showed me he belongs in this league as a HC his first year there 2 years ago. They just got the crap kicked out of them and blown out for the first few weeks of the season, it was a total fire sale and everyone knew they weren't competing, and yet the players got better as the year went on, they fought hard, and they showed a lot of growth last season. Particularly defensively, which makes sense as he has his background in coaching the defense. 

All that being said, it's still super super early, but I fear the Dolphins made the same mistake I did when I evaluated Tua. I thought he was a legit #1 overall QB prospect. I thought when they selected him they were finally bringing in their franchise guy. And to this point, he simply has looked pretty bad. A far cry from the QB he was at Alabama. Maybe it's the hip, or all the injuries, or perhaps it's just a case of adjusting to the NFL. He still has time to turn it around. But to this point if I were the Dolphins I would likely be a little nervous that I didn't pull the trigger on a guy like Fields and ship Tua off.

But despite all of that, I would still significantly rather play Brissett than Tua this weekend. I don't think Brissett has ever looked like even a decent starting QB. Dating all the way back to his college days. He doesn't have a super strong arm, he isn't very accurate, he doesn't push the ball down the field well, he isn't a threat as a runner in any fashion that isn't a QB sneak/power in a inches to go type play, he isn't even an asset in maneuvering the pocket or buying himself a little time, he doesn't scan the field well or manipulate defenses with his eyes. He is susceptible to getting hit, and if you can get after him and hit him early you get a guy that makes the conservative, check down happy Derek Carr look like he's running Bruce Arians dream offense. Basically you know you are getting a high 50's or right at 60% completion percentage guy, that is doing that while almost exclusively throwing passes under 10ish yards, he isn't going to create big plays, he has trouble being able to sustain long drives because he just isn't that accurate. Tua may have a lot of these same issues but he's still young and inexperienced there's always a chance that the switch finally gets flipped or he turns it on for a game. 

Their OL is just absolutely awful. It hasn't been able to protect their QB, it hasn't been able to open up running lanes for their backs, and their wide receivers are talented but they are guys that bring their best when they are working down the field, getting game breaking plays, etc. Their OL likely won't be able to hold up long enough to draw those up, and Brissett likely won't even look at those routes often, forget about being able to connect on them regularly. It should be a game where we make even more of a focus on letting our front 4 eat and generate the pressure and have the DBs keep everything in front of them. Don't give them any cheap, huge plays that let them steal momentum. Make Brissett and company prove they can go on 10+ play drives to score points and the OL won't be able to hold up consistently and Brissett won't be able to make the reads or the throws consistently enough to keep up with our offense. 

Their defense is still very solid, their CBs are absolutely great players. But they have nobody that can match up with Waller one on one. He was great for us in the game last year. I think this is a game where we have a heavy dose of Waller and Renfrow, and throws to Drake out of the backfield. Try and get the defense to double or cheat to take away Waller and get Ruggs matched up out of the bunch against Howard and see if he has enough speed to keep him without being able to get aggressive at the line. 

Again, like we all have said, it's another game that comes down to which Raider team shows up. If you want to prove you are legit, and this year is different than last year you need to come out and beat a Dolphins team coming off a 35-0 division drumming, down their starting QB, at home after 2 big wins over playoff teams last season. The Raiders of the past would definitely drop the ball and find a way to lose this game in spectacular fashion. 

I'll predict the Dolphins show a lot of heart and fight and in the first half the game stays relatively close, with the Raiders leading for much of it, and feel fairly in control, but the score board is a little closer than the game feels. But in the 2nd half their bad OL and poor QB play starts to wear their confidence down combined with Yannick and Crosby bringing consistent pressure all game and getting better as the game goes on because of the success and getting a lead. 

In the 2nd half the Raiders pull away, and secure the win that isn't a blowout, but isn't exactly a nail biter either. Dolphins get a final TD in the final minute or two when the game is already decided to make the score closer than it felt by the end. 

Raiders 30

Dolphins 20

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's feeling a bit frothy. National media attention. Carr getting built up. Fans getting cocky. We've hit the trifecta.

It’s like Playing a video game with 10 levels but you keep dying on level 7. Nothing will feel good until you beat level 7. Beating level 1-6 doesn’t do it for me anymore. Now if/when we beat level 7 and beyond I might buy a carr jersey lol get a mark Davis haircut lol maybe even relocate to Vegas 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 2

Jacoby is pure garbage. Miami’s Offense should not score more than 20 on us, but you never know. 

Miami’s D is the only thing I worry about for this game. They always suck against the Bills, but other than that, they are always about a Top 6-7 Defense. 

I’m not a play it safe guy, but considering Miami’s Offense is so bad, you may see a more safe offensive gameplan with mostly a no turnover focus. 

I have a feeling it’s gonna be a ugly close win unlike the blowout many are predicting. However, a win is a win. 

3-0 to start the year. 

Not saying this is the same but in 2017 we beat the Titans week 1, playoff team, and smoked the Jets in week 2 by 25.  We then lost the next 4 to non playoff teams and the offense averaged 13.25 points.  I do not see us pulling a 180 like that again because I believe there were different circumstances but it is a cautionary tale of what this team is capable of.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Not saying this is the same but in 2017 we beat the Titans week 1, playoff team, and smoked the Jets in week 2 by 25.  We then lost the next 4 to non playoff teams and the offense averaged 13.25 points.  I do not see us pulling a 180 like that again because I believe there were different circumstances but it is a cautionary tale of what this team is capable of.

Historically I agree. But this is not the same team (or so we think), especially personnel wise.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jacoby is pure garbage. Miami’s Offense should not score more than 20 on us, but you never know. 

Miami’s D is the only thing I worry about for this game. They always suck against the Bills, but other than that, they are always about a Top 6-7 Defense. 

I’m not a play it safe guy, but considering Miami’s Offense is so bad, you may see a more safe offensive gameplan with mostly a no turnover focus. 

I have a feeling it’s gonna be a ugly close win unlike the blowout many are predicting. However, a win is a win. 

3-0 to start the year. 

Miami is a good defense, but we moved the ball on them pretty well last year?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

3-0 to start the year. 

I don't see a blowout either. Predicting that is recency bias based on the Bills thrashing them. They have a lot of pride and will show up for this game. This is not a "trap game" either. They are not a bad team potentially being overlooked. Like they Raiders they have playoff aspirations this season. 

Bottom line, Raiders can't start reading headlines and think they've arrived. They need to handle their business.

• Like 2