Week 6 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

he's not going to sign for 15th best QB money. Easy answer or "no" if football product is the only consideration. 

But it's not, owner will consider his continued sellability and ability to get CLE home playoff games and extra $$$ going forward.

Then he can go the Winston/Trubisky route and take a cheaper contract to get a shot in Washington or somewhere

But unless he goes off in his 5th year, he isn't getting that contract from anyone

Just now, DawgX said:

Good talent around him and would add to his legacy to bring a Super Bowl victory to a team like the Browns.

Probably.

I agree that Cleveland would be a good landing spot for a legit QB who wants a ring - It just sounds like he has ambitions for a couple of very specific teams, and I don't see him wanting Cleveland or Pittsburgh, no matter how much those destinations might make sense

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Still think you guys are a year away and Ravens/Browns will be the playoff teams out of the North this year. Not an insult, I think the Bengals will smash that division the next 5-6 years after this year. 

I mean we are contending right now, but have to keep going. You could be right, but the next few weeks will be very telling.