WR Henry Ruggs involved in serious car accident

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Seeing some rumblings that the extent of damage to Ruggs himself my be a broken hip.  I've got a feeler out to my guy in Vegas (who used to cover the Niners in the Bay before he moved) to see what he knows so far.

Is it Vincent? 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

IF it was in fact Ruggs and IF he was driving, it looks like he rear ended the other car at a super high speed. Especially IF drugs/alcohol were involved and IF there were fatalities, he will never play another down in the NFL again.

Lots of ifs and I pray reports are wrong.

Not the point at this moment, obviously, but Donte Stallworth killed a man while driving drunk and continued to play afterwards. Same for Leonard Little. It has not proved to be a permanent ban for such things, at least as recently as a decade ago.

Hopefully there’s better news still to come out that would make this conversation a moot point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

IF it was in fact Ruggs and IF he was driving, it looks like he rear ended the other car at a super high speed. Especially IF drugs/alcohol were involved and IF there were fatalities, he will never play another down in the NFL again.

Times have changed, and circumstances may or may not have been different depending on what happened in this situation, but Donte Stallworth and Leonard Little both played after manslaughter convictions.

Will really depend on the details.  Stallworth wasn't completely at fault for what happened IIRC (guy ran into the street, but could be wrong on that) and was extremely, extremely remorseful.  He had also slept it off for the most part, again if I'm remembering correctly, think it occurred the next morning after a night of drinking.  So it'll kind of depend on if Ruggs was completely at fault, how remorseful he was/is, etc.  It is always hard to hear or say this when someone dies (IF that is the case), but mistakes happen.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

There's rumors that Rugg may have been intoxicated; at this point that is pure speculation, I'm sure the facts will come out soon and I truly hope that this was just an unfounded rumor, however if it turns out not to be, things are going to get real bad for Ruggs from a legal standpoint. 

What I do know is that I hope the survivora of this crash are all okay and make a full recovery 

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Not the point at this moment, obviously, but Donte Stallworth killed a man while driving drunk and continued to play afterwards. Same for Leonard Little. It has not proved to be a permanent ban for such things, at least as recently as a decade ago.

Hopefully there’s better news still to come out that would make this conversation a moot point.

I also thought pac man Jones killed someone drunk driving but didn’t. Crazy how Mandela effect works.