TNF: Patriots @ Falcons

Apparition

28-3?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. 28-3?

• 28-3 :D
    • 28-3 :'(

8 hours ago, swoosh said:

how anyone can come to this conclusion after watching this game is beyond me. surprised ryan didn't end up in a stretcher. that line is the worst in the league and will get him killed at some point this year. and his supporting cast of "playmakers" isn't much better. pitts and patterson are his top guys. and patterson was out tonight. nobody else behind them but a bunch of #3/#4 type rb/wr's at best. he got pressured on every single throw. his worst throw was the airmail to pitts, but even then he had two guys in his face and if pitts would've kept going, it wouldn't have looked so bad. 

seriously, what do people expect from ryan?

hope he demands a trade. he deserves better. this team lacks talent across the board, simple as that. 

in my defense, I've thought this for years.

8 hours ago, swoosh said:

how anyone can come to this conclusion after watching this game is beyond me. surprised ryan didn't end up in a stretcher. that line is the worst in the league and will get him killed at some point this year. and his supporting cast of "playmakers" isn't much better. pitts and patterson are his top guys. and patterson was out tonight. nobody else behind them but a bunch of #3/#4 type rb/wr's at best. he got pressured on every single throw. his worst throw was the airmail to pitts, but even then he had two guys in his face and if pitts would've kept going, it wouldn't have looked so bad. 

seriously, what do people expect from ryan?

hope he demands a trade. he deserves better. this team lacks talent across the board, simple as that. 

He can demand a trade all day long but will falcons be willing to eat 40 mil in dead cap just to save 8 million? Not sure how much you would get in return for a 38 year old qb to justify eating that much cap but the draft picks better be worth it if they do move him.

TBH, I think it's hilarious that the same Matt Ryan apologists are the first one to blame Baker Mayfield for last week's performance, all while they trotted out the ghost of Jarvis Landry, a hurt DPJ, and missing 4 out of their 5 RB, while starting their 4th string RT.

Am I right?

045e8bc77ed06febb98125849f11a7d9.gif

40 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

He can demand a trade all day long but will falcons be willing to eat 40 mil in dead cap just to save 8 million? Not sure how much you would get in return for a 38 year old qb to justify eating that much cap but the draft picks better be worth it if they do move him.

The Falcons are kind of in no mans land though. So they might be willing to eat 40 million in a rebuilding year if they get picks just like rebuilding NBA teams take on bad contracts.

54 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

The Falcons are kind of in no mans land though. So they might be willing to eat 40 million in a rebuilding year if they get picks just like rebuilding NBA teams take on bad contracts.

While I can agree its hard to sell to an owner to do that and then not be able to come away with a new qb in the draft. Detroit is likely going to be pick #1 and even in that situation it is a weak QB class so what does Atlanta do eat a year along with moving Ryan. The unknown of not getting a top qb can be years for them. Pitts may be an amazing TE and a HoF down the road but they may have made the mistake by not going QB. 

10 hours ago, swoosh said:

how anyone can come to this conclusion after watching this game is beyond me.

seriously, what do people expect from Ryan?

I'd expect that a 14 year veteran can read a blitz and decipher a defense- allowing him to either throw hot, change the play or re-set the protections. He's a statue - so he needs to rely more on his wits and he clearly wasn't able to do that. That's a concern

Consider this: The Packers OL got run over in KC mostly because Jordan Love was making his first start and isn't ready to command the LOS like a vet. Love was running for his life on nearly every play- just like Matt Ryan last night.  Following week, Rodgers is back and amazingly enough the OL looked fantastic.
Same OL, just played soooo much better with vet leadership at QB.

Matt Ryan wasn't in command , he let the defense dictate to him. And while Belicheck is one of the best ever at scheming - Ryan shouldn't have the deer-in-headlights look after 14 years in the NFL (or for 2 weeks in a row)

Matt Ryan had a passer rating of 21 vs Dallas and a 51 vs NE. Meanwhile - lesser QBs like Tua delivered a 79 rating vs NE and Davis Mills delivered a 141 rating vs these same Patriots -  and Miami and Houston both have horrible rosters !

The Apologists will happily place those poor Ryan performances at the feet of his 'mates because they don't want to accept the undeniable reality that Matt Ryan just isn't Matt Ryan anymore.
He's an older QB and his play is going to continue to deteriorate as the season moves into Dec/Jan

The Matt Ryan Era is over...its time to turn the page and focus on building the next great era in Falcon football

th?id=OIP.-LAqPAs4GMW7xBTF-TyL1AAAAA%26p

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, I think it's hilarious that the same Matt Ryan apologists are the first one to blame Baker Mayfield for last week's performance, all while they trotted out the ghost of Jarvis Landry, a hurt DPJ, and missing 4 out of their 5 RB, while starting their 4th string RT.

Am I right?

045e8bc77ed06febb98125849f11a7d9.gif

You really think Baker would survive behind that Falcons OL if they switched teams this year? 

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

You really think Baker would survive behind that Falcons OL if they switched teams this year? 

I don’t think Baker is more than average, but given the Browns have started their 4th and 5th OT this year, I think those two spots are pretty comparable.

• Like 1