Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I can't see that after 2 years with the contract, right? 

Considering our QB decisions... don't think the Panthers mind wasting money.

But in all seriousness, I could see it, given everything we know about what is going on in the front office and top management.  Even 3 weeks ago I said I felt like I could see Rhule getting fired, whether I agreed with it or not.  And I don't think the money will matter much to Tepper, if he views it as a sinking ship.  I don't think it is necessarily a "sinking ship" - we have a ton of young, talented players - but we got so much young talent so fast that it now feels like we're underachieving.  

I don't think Matt Rhule is a bad coach.  LIS, we've acquired a lot of really good young players and he seems good at developing players.  And I think that is what allowed us to in a way overachieve last year - he's really in-tune with what players need to do to improve.  But as a team, it feels like we're being outcoached in a lot of games.  

At the very least I think we let Joe Brady go.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sometimes he's good, sometimes he's bad. They can win with him though with what the rest of the roster is. 

He's slightly worse than Dak Prescott with a sample size of 2017-now. (96.9 rating for Dak to 93.1 Wentz)

They both played 63 games. Wentz has more pass attempts.

35-28 Dak and 34-28-1 Wentz.

If Dak is the 11th best QB since 2017 then Wentz is 12th or 13th.

If Dak is 6 then Wentz is probably 8.

Anything else is just spin.

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Saquon has 31 yards on six carries with one of those carries going for 32 yards. A microcosm of him as a player.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm comfortable at this point calling him a bust.

I'm extremely confident that Barkley will eventually get to a new team and have a serious revival. This is a team problem more than its a him problem. They've sabotaged his entire career

#freesaquon