Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

15 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

It’s not happening. The decision to bring in Wentz to “fix him” is all on Reich, but I don’t think they fire him this year for it. I think Ballard and Irsay are going to have to make a decision on how to handle the QB position going forward because Wentz’s money is guaranteed in 2022, nothing after that though.

Adding to that, they already gave up on Eason for Ehlinger and they didn’t trust him to play quality snaps after he came back from IR just using him on trick plays and sneaks. They also were put into a position with Brett Hundley where they used up all his practice squad eligibility to where if something did happen to Wentz they would have to outright sign Hundley and cut someone else to make him active for game days.

Also Ballard needs to fix the LT position because as good as Eric Fisher is in run blocking situations (good not great), he’s horrible in  pass blocking 

I gotta give it to Carson. He's really good at putting up production that looks pretty good on the surface level while playing very mediocre football.

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I would fully support a Dorsey hire for GM if/when Mayock departs.

Isn't Dorsey known for getting into power struggles with HCs and being very difficult to work with?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I gotta give it to Carson. He's really good at putting up production that looks pretty good on the surface level while playing very mediocre football.

Isn't Dorsey known for getting into power struggles with HCs and being very difficult to work with?

That’s what I thought when I saw us linked with him. If it indeed did end up being Dorsey as GM and Harbaugh as HC, I could imagine them clashing before too long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

That’s what I thought when I saw us linked with him. If it indeed did end up being Dorsey as GM and Harbaugh as HC, I could imagine them clashing before too long.

Dorsey and Harbaugh paired together seems like a train wreck waiting to happen. Personally I loved Harbaugh when he was in SF and wanted us to fire Baalke instead of him, but putting him and Dorsey together just seems like a bad idea all around. Jim does not back down from anyone, including our owner when Harbs was here, and Dorsey has shown he can't get along with people for more than a couple years as a GM.