2021 AFC Championship Game - Kansas City v Cincinnati

ET80

Who wins the AFC?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Cincinnati
    • Kansas City

Just now, StatKing said:

Tee Higgins. He literally outproduced both of them combined this season but since the Packers don't view WR as a "premium" position the pick wasn't worth it. Instead we take a guy in the first who plays one game in 2 years and that was only because Rodgers got covid.

Well if you're talking opportunity cost and all that, then the discussion gets more complicated. I think the Love pick has had a positive effect on the team without him having to play.

However, as far as receivers go? I will personally drive both MVS and Lazard to Cincinnati in exchange for Higgins.

Nothing but RESPECT for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Went into TEN & KC and beat both teams.    Came back from 21-3, and KC just curb stomping them the first 25 mins of the game. 

As for KC fans, they will absolutely be regretting that crazy end-of-2Q play, which really came up HUGE for the gamescript.    No doubt we're going to see another WR added to the O.  But the reality is that Andy Reid playing VERY conservatively in trying to drain clock, and not get the TD at the end of regulation - is absolutely going to be second guessed.   

Frankly, if the Bills hadn't screwed up the 13 secs-left playcalling with a squib kick, everyone would have been talking about how Reid took the ball out of Mahomes' hand after the Hill punt return and only got 3 pts.   Ironic that it wasn't Reid this time, but terrible end-of-quarter execution that cost them dearly in the 1H...but then Reid getting cute cost KC heavily at the end.

Still, it doesn't take anything away from the Bengals.  100 percent earned W.   EPIC W for them.  I won't lie, it will be hard not to root for Joe & CIN in 2 weeks time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

And let’s see if Lamar regains his MVP form and if the Steelers make a big play on a quarterback too, not to mention the Patriots and Bills. The AFC is so much more deep it’s not even funny.

It is, but Herbert and a competent front office gives you as good of a chance as any to compete with these other AFC QB studs. If the Chargers can upgrade Mike Williams with an Olave/Treylon/Etc, and add a 3rd threat like Joey B has, watch out.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Mahomes had a bad choke today. He is still a great playoff QB.

He's 2-2 in the AFCCG and he lost both in OT. (one his fault, one not)

His playoff record is 8-3

Rodgers is just a guy in the playoffs.

He's 1-4 in NFCCGs. He is 11-10 overall.

Rodgers pathetic NFCCGs

• 21-14 with a BJ Raji TD
  • 16-0 halftime lead on Seattle into a loss because he was mister field goal
  • 24-0 Atlanta at the half in a blowout loss
  • 27-0 SF at halftime in another blowout loss
  • 31-26 loss to Brady because he froze up in the red zone twice.

Stuff your Rodgers worship. No one is buying it here.

Rodgers peaked at age 27 when he was 4-1 in the playoffs.

He is 7-10 since that point.

Keep on sniffing.

Bro Rodgers hasn't played in over a week and you're still bringing him up constantly, it's time to move on. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Perhaps I’ll have to look again, but I don’t believe the defender hit the ball. I feel like Chase catches that ball.

Still, I don’t fault Mahomes believing in his star and expecting him to make a play on what was really a beautiful ball.

He threw a jump ball to tiny receiver in double coverage. It's not a good throw.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

That was the worst half of play by a top QB in a big game in a long time. I still am struggling to fathom how bad Mahomes was in that 2nd half and OT.

Rooting for Bengals to win it all and get their 1st even though they have wrecked my bank account this postseason.

Man the hyperbole in on this forum is out of hand.

• Like 2