2022 Offseason Discussion

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s owed like 72 million over the next 3 years, hasn’t posted double digit sacks since 2018 and is 31 yo.

You’re complaining just to complain, which is a shock to no one.

We have plenty of money. 

I don’t care about his sacks with the bears. He didn’t have Myles on the other side taking away double teams. They would have wrecked the league together. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We have plenty of money. 

I don’t care about his sacks with the bears. He didn’t have Myles on the other side taking away double teams. They would have wrecked the league together. 

Na. Just bums like Robert Quinn and Akiem Hicks.

• Like 5

Yeah, count me out of pining after Mack. Especially before we know what compensation looked like. We've got, what, 4-6 huge holes to fill this offseason? (WR1, WR2, DT, NT, DE) I don't love tossing money AND picks at one player who is 30+ and hasn't produced the same the last couple years.

• Like 2

I’m cool not getting Mack. He’s older and should’ve been a Brown from the start. But I don’t wanna go there..

What I will not be cool with 

1. Not signing Bobby Wagner

2. Not signing Amari Cooper if he gets released 

I don’t even really care how much they get. We actually have glaring needs at the positions. If we have to pay top dollar I’m still fine because we actually need them. Unless they get something absolutely outrageous then ok, but anything within the realm of reasonable they need to make the signings happen. 

• Like 1

I see there is a report out that I am going to throw the BS flag on.

According to https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-free-agency-2022-predictions/

The Browns will land Marcus Mariota at $9.5M on a one year deal.

The only way I could see the Browns doing this is if they believe that have soured enough on Baker AND think that Mariota still is an NFL level quality starter.

I will die on this hill, but I firmly believe Baker's undoing in 2021 was A.) injuries B). Coaches not willing to shut him down when injured and C.) the Diva Drama.

2021 became a throw away year for me. 2022 becomes a prove it year for Baker to prove once and for all to the front office that did not draft him that he is the franchise leader.

I honestly don't know if Mariota is an improvement over Case. I will say this - you know what you have in Case. You are taking on an additional $2.5M just to see if he is better.

If this is the option the team wants - I would rather just stick with Case.

• Like 1

I don’t think it’s 100% we’re letting McDowell go. That’s an assumption 

I could see us bringing him back for sure. He made a mistake and didn’t have an off-season program set up for him. You learn from it and keep moving. I say bring him back. He didn’t hurt anybody. Just learn to have the same type of support team in the off-season that he had during the season. 

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I could see us bringing him back for sure. He made a mistake and didn’t have an off-season program set up for him. You learn from it and keep moving. I say bring him back. He didn’t hurt anybody. Just learn to have the same type of support team in the off-season that he had during the season. 

I hate to speculate about that kind of stuff, but that seems like either drugs or a mental health issue more than being a jackass.

I guess I’d just want to know more about what happened before I’d have an opinion as to whether or not to cut him.

31 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I've been saying this since day 1......I mean, what if he was down in FLA to train and called a chick over to the house to bang, now we've all dealt with some "Less Than Pristine Women"

InnocentShadyAlaskanhusky-max-1mb.gif

I use to kick it with a chick that looked JUST like this (former Stripper) AND:

shady-real-housewives-of-potomac.gif

What if its one of the women from his past, and in the midst of chilling she put something in his drink? I think that COMPLETELY changes the situation....