Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

Just now, Daniel said:

I could have sworn that he was coming off an injury at VT when he transferred to Tennessee.  Of course, good luck Googling anything about his injury before this recent one, but I'm sure you're more familiar with his VT history than I am.  What was his injury at VT?  I thought it was an ACL again.

So there was the incident with the "cold" where he was more or less benched and then never got his job back before transferring.

He was definitely dinged up a lot in his career here. He did have a leg injury too iirc but nothing as serious as a torn ACL. I could be wrong. @lavar703 might remember, but I'm pretty sure. 

He did have a lot of minor ones though because of his style of play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

So there was the incident with the "cold" where he was more or less benched and then never got his job back before transferring.

He was definitely dinged up a lot in his career here. He did have a leg injury too iirc but nothing as serious as a torn ACL. I could be wrong. @lavar703 might remember, but I'm pretty sure. 

He did have a lot of minor ones though because of his style of play. 

The only issue I ever recall was the cold issue. He seemed to be pretty durable but Justin Fuente just didn't seem to care for him for some reason? 

I have officially started looking into QBs in this class. Hendon Hooker was my first. He is a pleasant surprise. I get that he's older and playing in a gimmicky system that inflates QB numbers. What's nice to see is his completion percentage is significantly higher than some of the other dudes who have produced in this offense (Drew Lock, McKenzie Milton, and Dillon Gabriel). And I thought his tape was good.

I could see him turning out like Dak Prescott. Dude needs to start protecting himself better, as his durability will be a problem if he doesn't. I think he's the sort of guy who will take some unnecessary sacks in the NFL. And it feels like in each game I watched, he had a few plays in a row where he randomly was inaccurate. But overall, I think he moves in the pocket well, is a sneaky good athlete, generally is accurate, has a good arm, and makes sound decisions. That offense does give him favorable matchups and a lot of space to throw into, but there's also something to be said for executing it well.

With the torn ACL, I'd take him on Day 2 without thinking twice (as long as there aren't any bigger medical issues).

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 6:43 PM, Daniel said:

Having watched almost none of Drake Maye, I can confidently say Caleb Williams is better.

I actually think i like Drake and Caleb better than every QB coming out in the 2023 draft.   I also think i trashed on last years QB class more than i should have in comparison to this years QB class.    I still think the 2023 class is better overall but im not so sure that i like anyone in the 2023 class outside of Stroud much more than i did Ridder and Malik.

If the Falcons aren't in the spot to grab Stroud which i don't think we will be at this point.  Im leaning more to letting Ridder prove he is or isn't the future next year for the entire 2023 season and then if he isn't going hard after Caleb 1st and then settle for Maye which isn't bad at all either.   But if Ridder takes off and blows up then it's a win in the end anyways.

On 11/22/2022 at 5:39 AM, NYRaider said:

I'm surprised that people aren't concerned with the fact that he's going to be a 24 year old rookie. 

I mean that's not my only concern about him lol. Watch his penn state film as well. 

Yeah Levis being 24 years old and not really improving has to be a huge concern. But an idiot who loves Athleticism and arm strength will over draft him or Richardson from Florida. Atleast Richardson will go on day 2 where the risk is lower.