Browns trade Baker Mayfield to Carolina for conditional 2024 5th

Forge

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

So glad the Browns landed a real adult like Deshaun Watson

He only does grown up adult things that only a man could do

You get that Baker and the Browns had a relationship and the relationship was broken beyond repair before this trade, right?

How it got there is not relevant to the fact that trading Baker did not remove Baker as a Browns QB. He was already never going to be that again.

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Watching the Browns trade for him and then Jimmy going on a mediocre to poor QB play while they win game after game and make a run would be everything I could possibly hope for.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

You get that Baker and the Browns had a relationship and the relationship was broken beyond repair before this trade, right?

How it got there is not relevant to the fact that trading Baker did not remove Baker as a Browns QB. He was already never going to be that again.

I get all that, but the reasoning behind it and how they found a solution is so cliched Browns.

A Child certainly couldnt pull off what Deshaun Watson has done, and may do in the future. Maturity levels off the chart with Watson in town now. So mature its almost criminal.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He should be. Baker is light years better than darnold

Agreed, but he didn’t want Baker and made that well-known. 

Baker is a fringe Top 20 QB. Darnold is a fringe Top 40 QB. Corral is no where close to ready, and likely will bust. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Seems a number of current teams are banking on class of 2023 QBs.  May be a good year to have a young QB and hold a high pick.

You could still make that deal and easily draft a QB next year.  

My guess is alot of teams are turned off by Bakers baggage and attitude.   I mean, is a team like Seattle really more comfortable with Drew Lock over Baker?

24 minutes ago, 43M said:

You could still make that deal and easily draft a QB next year.  

My guess is alot of teams are turned off by Bakers baggage and attitude.   I mean, is a team like Seattle really more comfortable with Drew Lock over Baker?

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers inquire about Baker for this season to give Pickett a year to watch. Salary is low enough, trade a 4th and if there are issues bring the rookie in. I think the Steelers would be battling for the division with Mayfield. Take some getting used to for the fan base though.

• Like 1