Kyler Murray and Cardinals agree to extension (46.1M / yr)

Forge

2 hours ago, ACO said:

So still a bit short of the top spot, but this contract still dwarfs what most of us probably expected him to be earning at this stage of his career. He’s had trouble measuring up to the biggest names in the sport, but wee will see whether he can grow into greatness and reach new heights.

His progress has seemed a bit stunted of late, and he definitely came up small in the playoffs — so I can see why the Cardinals wanted to shrink the guaranteed money in reaching this compact — but I’m glad they were still willing to bend a little and weren’t too puny-tive about those occasional struggles. 

• Like 5

Just now, e16bball said:

So still a bit short of the top spot, but this contract still dwarfs what most of us probably expected him to be earning at this stage of his career. He’s had trouble measuring up to the biggest names in the sport, but wee will see whether he can grow into greatness and reach new heights.

His progress has seemed a bit stunted of late, and he definitely came up small in the playoffs — so I can see why the Cardinals wanted to shrink the guaranteed money in reaching this compact — but I’m glad they were still willing to bend a little and weren’t too puny-tive about those occasional struggles. 

If try too hard was a person... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He hasn't, though...

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Once Hopkins wasn't around to catch his jump balls, things went south.

Verdict is still out but I wouldn't be a fan of this one if I were a Card's fan.

I'm a fan. He has progressed. He got injured the game that Hopkins did and missed a month of football lol. Was he funneling footballs to Hopkins last year? Humor me.

28 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Paying guys above they’re play level is never good idea.

you can @ me all day long but he’s not a top 5 12 QB.

Ppl when they talk about the Cardinals: AZ is only good because Kyler carries. Keim sucks, Kliff sucks.

Ppl when they talk about Kyler: he also sucks

If everything about the Cardinals suck why were they one of the best teams in the NFL last year?

• Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

For worthy QB's like Allen, Rodgerrs it's no problem... but Kyler freaking Murray? 

I mean everyone knew he was going to get this deal. It's the going rate and he was next up. Russell and Lamar are probably going to get more.