Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games; UPDATE: NFL Submitting Appeal to Increase

CBears019

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Don’t get me wrong I hear you and get it, but without “proof” on one and with proof on another combined with the potential for throwing games that’s why.

Proof doesn’t justify a full year Ridley. The NFL has a lot of explaining to do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Don’t get me wrong I hear you and get it, but without “proof” on one and with proof on another combined with the potential for throwing games that’s why.

I mean the NFL suspended zeke 1 game for a sexual assault that wasn’t even filed, so sometimes I feel they just throw darts at a wall and stick with that for any tough decision making

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scottishpatriot said:

Deflategate says hi.

Both of these instances are examples of the “more likely than not”. There’s circumstantial evidence for deflategate with destruction of TB12 cell phone and here no “criminal” evidence and unfortunately a he said she said compared to definitive proof on Ridley. It sucks but not at all surprising.

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Proof doesn’t justify a full year Ridley. The NFL has a lot of explaining to do. 

The precedent for gambling on your teams games is a lifetime ban. A year is relatively easy. I get what you are saying though.

• Like 1

I thought it was gonna be 8 but the longer it went on 6 started to come up as a possibility. 

No criminal charges, no fines. The cases weren’t that strong. No evidence. A real judge deciding. The process played out fairly. 

Now it’s game time 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I thought it was gonna be 8 but the longer it went on 6 started to come up as a possibility. 

No criminal charges, no fines. The cases weren’t that strong. No evidence. A real judge deciding. The process played out fairly. 

Now it’s game time 

Awkward Jesse Pinkman GIF by Breaking Bad

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

This was Judge Robinson's decision, correct? I was reading if she suspended Watson at all, the league could still modify the penalty to increase it potentially, right?

It would have to go to appeal by the league, which then goes to Roger Goodell to uphold the decision or modify the decision. 

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Just keep in mind if he does, here’s the public response:

“Why is he not suspended for the season?!?!?!”

This is the response right now to a lot of people, tbh.

A whole lot of people aren’t gonna be happy that’s for sure. 

The NFL threshold for evidence and guilt is much lower than the legal system, yet they only gave him 6 games. I don’t think we should hear any complaints on this. And this woman is a federal judge, right? 

• Like 2