EDGE Talk

MOSteelers56

18 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

So i like Nolan Smith a bit but my god has anyone been boosted up the boards as much as him?  I remember before the combine most people had him being drafted around the Falcons pick in the 2nd round or a little before that.  Now im seeing left and right the dude being projected as a top 8 to 10 pick over and over again.  I understand he blew the combine up but good lord a event without pads shouldn't be able to boost you up a full round into the top 10 that easily lol. 

I’ve always had him that high. His athleticism was my only hangup with him because he didn’t look dynamic with his first step as a pass rusher. He did look amazing against the run and at playing gap-sound football. I would venture to guess if you asked coaches to grade every rep of the DEs in this class, he would be far and away the top guy. He’s never out of position and just plays the game the right way. When he ran what he did I almost pooped my pants. He deserves to be a top 10 guy IMO. 

• Like 1

the most disrespectful ranking I’ve seen all draft season 

I think Chris can’t see defense well. He’s better on offense. 

I don’t see how as a pass rusher you put Anderson at any spot this year besides 1. 

Even if he’s playing him solely as a 43 defensive end I’m taking him over all those guys. 

Will Anderson is going to be a stud bro. Very little doubt. If he gets with a DC with any sort of creativity and understanding of putting the right players in the right spots he’ll be an all pro level player. Him and Carter man two studs. 

24 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t see how as a pass rusher you put Anderson at any spot this year besides 1. 

Even if he’s playing him solely as a 43 defensive end I’m taking him over all those guys. 

Will Anderson is going to be a stud bro. Very little doubt. If he gets with a DC with any sort of creativity and understanding of putting the right players in the right spots he’ll be an all pro level player. Him and Carter man two studs. 

He does this all the time. Edgy, wants to be different

he had Zach Wilson over Lawrence 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Simms is a traits/athleticism guy, and Will Andersen ain’t that 

10 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Simms is whatever fancies on that particular day, I couldn't care less what he thinks about anyone

Just when you think nobody can be more annoying and insufferable than his father, here he comes with completely absurd takes.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

There’s always something with Simms. His WR rankings, he has Flowers number 1. Darnell is his number 1 OT. LaPorta 2nd best TE and Whyle 4th (Washington 5th). Number 1 linebacker is Daiyan Henley!

He’s different just to be different. But hey even if you’re wrong it’s not like anybody cares all that much. But if you’re right you look like a genius 

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

There’s always something with Simms. His WR rankings, he has Flowers number 1. Darnell is his number 1 OT. LaPorta 2nd best TE and Whyle 4th (Washington 5th). Number 1 linebacker is Daiyan Henley!

Flowers is my #1 WR as well. And Wright is my #2 OT behind Paris

On 4/16/2023 at 7:23 PM, FalconFan13 said:

So i like Nolan Smith a bit but my god has anyone been boosted up the boards as much as him?  I remember before the combine most people had him being drafted around the Falcons pick in the 2nd round or a little before that.  Now im seeing left and right the dude being projected as a top 8 to 10 pick over and over again.  I understand he blew the combine up but good lord a event without pads shouldn't be able to boost you up a full round into the top 10 that easily lol. 

I have him mid to late 1st/early second but it's more due to lack of first round graded players. After my elite 4 at the top, I have around 10-12 guys worth first round picks and then a bunch of guys all lingering around for the next two rounds. 

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah but it's against the grain isn't it, every time. Flowers is my number 1 too, but we're in a clear minority.

I'm guessing Henley isn't your number 1 LB, Stroud probably is your number 1 QB, DJ Turner probably isn't your 2nd best CB, is Jartavius Martin your number 1 Safety?....

Edited by Hunter2_1

22 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Simms is a traits/athleticism guy, and Will Andersen ain’t that 

Not disagreeing, but if that was the case Anthony Richardson would be his slam dunk top prospect at QB and wouldn’t have him rated below 25 year old Hendon Hooker, lol. This ranking is absurd, though.

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah but it's against the grain isn't it, every time. Flowers is my number 1 too, but we're in a clear minority.

I'm guessing Henley isn't your number 1 LB, Stroud probably is your number 1 QB, DJ Turner probably isn't your 2nd best CB, is Jartavius Martin your number 1 Safety?....

Yeah, I think it's one thing to not follow the groupthink, which is generally good IMO, and being different just to be different.  I could see not having Anderson as the No. 1 Edge rusher.  It's about as likely as not that there's at least one player better than him in this class.  But having him fourth just screams different to be different.