Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

Hope the grounds crew are drowning the turf as we speak. The Lions have a lot of speed at receiver, will negate some of that speed with a sloppy track. Have Jaire lock down St brown this week. My concern is their OL vs our DL. We couldn't get much pressure on Kirk as I would've liked. The Lions OL is one of the best, if they can't disrupt Goff its going to be a long night.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Aaron Rodgers v Jared Goff or Josh Dobbs v Trevor Lawrence.

Not hard to see why NBC wanted nothing to do with Tennessee on SNF. 

Oh I know.

But I thought the NFL typically eschewed that thought process for week 18 SNF game and penciled in an independent playoff-berth-on-the-line game. 

Now we know 

14 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Hope the grounds crew are drowning the turf as we speak. The Lions have a lot of speed at receiver, will negate some of that speed with a sloppy track. Have Jaire lock down St brown this week. My concern is their OL vs our DL. We couldn't get much pressure on Kirk as I would've liked. The Lions OL is one of the best, if they can't disrupt Goff its going to be a long night.

The equalizer is hopefully the weather. Goff has small hands and a cold, perhaps slick football could lead to some wobbly/inaccurate throws and perhaps a fumble or 2 if GB can get to him

23 minutes ago, St Vince said:

That OLine and multiple high draft picks means DET is up and coming to be a good team. They will be tough the next few years and I believe even if Seattle makes this win irrelevant for the playoffs, they will play us hard to make a point. If we get in this year, we will have earned it so let’s get to work!

• Like 1

Early forecast for Sunday night.  Partly to Mostly Cloudy. Temp of 23 degrees at kickoff with very little chance of snow.  Winds fairly light at about 5 mph out of the southwest. No precipitation in the forecast for several days before the game....so traveling should be fine and the field in good condition.

Curious to see how the Lions handle the threat of Nixon. You can kick it five yards deep of the end zone and he’s still a threat to take it to the house. We have seen teams try to squib kick which gave us the ball at the 40.

The threat of Nixon has changed everything for this team.

• Like 1

Normally if Seattle were to win before kick-off the steam would be out of the Detroit team. I don't think that will be the case initially. They want to have a winning season. It would make this season a success for them. 

We have to jump them early and let get them to somewhat quit. That is going to be extremely difficult with this Detroit team though. They are not only building a team, but they are also building a new culture. 

2 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Curious to see how the Lions handle the threat of Nixon. You can kick it five yards deep of the end zone and he’s still a threat to take it to the house. We have seen teams try to squib kick which gave us the ball at the 40.

The threat of Nixon has changed everything for this team.

I'd like to see them put Caleb Jones as the protector on punts. Let one of them though and tell Caleb to grind him in the ground and land on top of him. That will slow that bull**** down too. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Normally if Seattle were to win before kick-off the steam would be out of the Detroit team. I don't think that will be the case initially. They want to have a winning season. It would make this season a success for them. 

We have to jump them early and let get them to somewhat quit. That is going to be extremely difficult with this Detroit team though. They are not only building a team, but they are also building a new culture. 

I'll be honest I hope Detroit has something to play for if not they'll be more dangerous. They'll play more loose and take more chances.

31 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Early forecast for Sunday night.  Partly to Mostly Cloudy. Temp of 23 degrees at kickoff with very little chance of snow.  Winds fairly light at about 5 mph out of the southwest. No precipitation in the forecast for several days before the game....so traveling should be fine and the field in good condition.

...at least until the GB grounds crew applies the water and turns on the heating coils.

• Like 2