Is QB Caleb Williams in the god tier of prospects?

RaidersAreOne

On 7/29/2023 at 10:32 AM, Danger said:

Herbert wasn't quite as high as of a prospect. He would've been #1 overall if he came out in 2019 without a doubt, but he wasn't on Williams level.

Burrow turned out well, but Williams is more universally praised than Burrow. People thought Burrow may have been a product of Joe Brady.

I have similar questions about Williams that I did about Herbert.  I think Herbert's raw tools are a tick higher.

34 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I have similar questions about Williams that I did about Herbert.  I think Herbert's raw tools are a tick higher.

After watching film of Herbert in his senior season, my biggest concern was him being a one read QB, but it was probably just the system at Oregon.

I like Drake Maye a little more, but both guys are basically the same prospect grade for me. Hopefully both can manage to look even better than last season. I think they are Deshaun Watson tier prospects. I had Watson as QB1 that draft and thought he easily deserved to go #1. Not quite Andrew Luck tier, but essentially the next best thing. 

Luck - 99
Joey B - 98
T Law - 97
Watson/Maye/Caleb - 96
If Bryce Young was bigger he would have been a 97 or 98

Edited by Jeezla

On 7/31/2023 at 10:07 AM, Jeezla said:

I like Drake Maye a little more, but both guys are basically the same prospect grade for me. Hopefully both can manage to look even better than last season. I think they are Deshaun Watson tier prospects. I had Watson as QB1 that draft and thought he easily deserved to go #1. Not quite Andrew Luck tier, but essentially the next best thing. 

Luck - 99
Joey B - 98
T Law - 97
Watson/Maye/Caleb - 96
If Bryce Young was bigger he would have been a 97 or 98

I just googled Drake and found out he went to my high school. Small world. Rooting for him now.

On 7/31/2023 at 8:55 AM, Danger said:

After watching film of Herbert in his senior season, my biggest concern was him being a one read QB, but it was probably just the system at Oregon.

And see, I thought he just processed the field so incredibly quick, he decided presnap where he was going with it.  I watched video that seemed to confirm that in slo mo

38 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

It seems some Cardinals fans online want Marvin Harrison Jr next year instead of any QB. Makes me wonder if they are really that low on Caleb...

In more serious discussion, from what I've seen he certainly looks legit to me. 

There may be some maturity concerns with Caleb… and they are already dealing with that in Kyler

8 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Yeah that makes sense, but what about Drake Maye? Even if they dislike Williams, would they also skip over Drake for a wideout? 

To be fair, look what guys like Justin Jefferson and Ja'Mar Chase have done right away as rookies.  You potentially have a 1400 yd 10+ TD WR in MHJ if he gets in the right situation, cost controlled for 4-5 years.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

His attitude seems like it's trash. That's a red flag and I cannot put him as "god tier" as a result. If he shows that's not the case, then he's closer to being labeled as that.

The guy who wrote '**** Utah' on his knuckles and lost? Got outplayed by Cameron Rising? and UTAH?

/devilsadvocate

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

I like a little bit of an arrogant A-- from a QB. As long as it doesn't cut into his work ethic or how he treats his teammates/coaches, I like it.

I love(d) Baker Mayfield's firey attitude and that he genuinely hated his opposition. To me, that's not a negative. Would I tell my QB to write obscenities on his wrist tape? No, but I wouldn't be tying that to his "attitude being trash." Idk, maybe as a fan of the Miami Hurricanes and the bravado that they brought to the table when they weren't a dumpster fire has clouded my judgment.

• Like 1