GDT Week 1: Packers at Baers

mikebpackfan

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Bakhtiari doesn't need a minute of practice. Why would that be concerning?

It's odd this is still a thing...I think it was Silverstein who recently did a piece where he mentions how he couldn't see Bak playing seeing as how he hasn't practiced since Aug. 30...like what? 

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Bak is channeling his inner Rodgers as checking to see how much he can get away with before the backlash starts.  I do expect he feels a certain amount of "what are you going to do about it?" when it comes to not practicing.

The backlash will occur when he starts to get consistently beaten on gameday.

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Bak is channeling his inner Rodgers as checking to see how much he can get away with before the backlash starts.  I do expect he feels a certain amount of "what are you going to do about it?" when it comes to not practicing.

I don't really get that vibe. This is injury/availability related and everyone knows it. It's not ego.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

OK, so who else doesn't need to practice? Why are the Packers wasting their time and exposing them to injuries while practicing? Campbell? Jenkins? Jones? Alexander? Runyan? 

Those guys aren't hall of fame tackles in their 30s with multiple knee surgeries. They might want to consider sitting Watson because apparently the guy is made of glass.

23 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

You think he wants to be sidelined like he has the past three seasons? His knee clearly isn't the same and it never will be. He probably can't practice on it consistently without it swelling up like a balloon.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Nobody needs to practice.  The question becomes at what point does not practicing have a negative impact on game performance 

What does practice accomplish for Bakh? Is Gary running at him full speed like the Bears will be Sunday?

Let's be honest, NFL game week practice is 75% mental, you can take the same rep on the sideline or in the meeting room.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What does practice accomplish for Bakh? Is Gary running at him full speed like the Bears will be Sunday?

Hard to say what practice might do.  If mental rehearsal was all that is needed, nobody would care who got reps with the 1's, 2's or 3's during a week leading up to the game. 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Let's be honest, NFL game week practice is 75% mental, you can take the same rep on the sideline or in the meeting room.

For some maybe.  Ultimately comes down to performance on gameday.