GDT Week 1: Packers at Baers

mikebpackfan

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He's the only one pass catcher who's not a rookie aside from Toure.. I think it speaks to how poor the situation without Doubs and Watson could be.

He is a former 7th round pick that has been cut multiple times, a practice squad player who has never played in a regular season NFL game. He is not making any difference than the WR's on the 53.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He's the only one pass catcher who's not a rookie aside from Toure.. I think it speaks to how poor the situation without Doubs and Watson could be.

Most teams are not good without their top 2 WRs. Let's just keep that in mind. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Can they activiate Melton in this scenario?

Not 100% sure but they could bring players up from practice squad 3 times before having to sign them to the 53 or waiving them. I do not think it stats how many players can be brought up in an individual week. 

Short answer, I would think yes.

14 minutes ago, R T said:

He is a former 7th round pick that has been cut multiple times, a practice squad player who has never played in a regular season NFL game. He is not making any difference than the WR's on the 53.  

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Most teams are not good without their top 2 WRs. Let's just keep that in mind. 

Yes, obviously it's not an upgrade or a good scenario. But rolling into the game with 4 active WRs and one coming off a fresh hamstring injury (Wicks) and 3/4 never playing in a NFL game is not a good plan. Melton may need to be a consideration.

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not 100% sure but they could bring players up from practice squad 3 times before having to sign them to the 53 or waiving them. I do not think it stats how many players can be brought up in an individual week. 

Short answer, I would think yes.

I believe I've read you can activate 2 from PS in a given week. 

Teams now have more flexibility with using practice squad players on game day. PS players can be activated on game day before the team announces their inactives (90 minutes before game time). The player doesn’t have to be elevated from the PS to the main roster for the move. This can happen with up to two practice squad players per week. A player is now able to be elevated three times per season. To be activated a fourth time requires the player to be signed to the regular roster.

Edited by Brat&Beer