Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

My only guess is we need a team to protect us from being tied in a two way tie with ATL and put us in a 3-way tiebreaker as the Falcons have it over us obviously. We win that tiebreaker when it's 3-team. It doesn't need to be the Rams though, or ATL could simply lose one of their games and be out. It really should be clustered with a bunch of other games, specifically Bears/Falcons.

It would need to be a non-Minnesota team I believe.

Well boys I think with the latest injuries we are done. I’m hoping to see what Hall has so if nothing else we’ll know whether or not we’re drafting a quarterback. I’m proud of the fight we put up with how decimated we’ve been and I still expect a battle just because it’s you guys are biggest most hated rivals. Here’s to no more injuries for either side! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Well boys I think with the latest injuries we are done. I’m hoping to see what Hall has so if nothing else we’ll know whether or not we’re drafting a quarterback. I’m proud of the fight we put up with how decimated we’ve been and I still expect a battle just because it’s you guys are biggest most hated rivals. Here’s to no more injuries for either side! 

With Barry still having a job, you guys still have a fighting chance.  That being said, both teams have had team changing injuries all year long to important players.  May the best as is team win .. and yes, the Vikings are by far the most disliked for us in central/western/northern Wisconsin.  

Edited by coachbuns

1 hour ago, joeybrowner47 said:

If your qb this wwek plays poorly, you can believe he doesnt have it.

If he plays well this should mean nothing to you.

• Like 5

It's pretty funny that offensive player of the week has become the new bar for any QB playing against the Barry defense.  If your QB is not in the conversation for POTW after facing the Barry defense, your QB has had a bad game.

Edited by Mazrimiv

3 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

If the kid is not named offensive player of the week, he's not the answer because Joe Barry makes that happen for QBs. 

3 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Don't underestimate the Joe Barry effect.  Also, don't overreact to Hall lighting up a Joe Barry defense.  Tommy DeVito looked really good, and was benched before halftime in his next game.  

Still surprised that Addison is good.  I didn't see that one coming at all.  

And, I for one, will never hate the Vikings as much as the Bears.

I really like the idea that we are in a big game this late in the season.  Going to Minnesota in that environment will be great for the Packers.  I just hope the game isn't too big for the young Packers.

Add in the Minn injuries and the Joe Barry effect, it has the makings of a nail-biter game.   

It's basically a playoff game.  If Love can settle in early, we should be in decent shape.  Cant spend a half getting settled in.  Barry's defense won't afford that.

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I really like the idea that we are in a big game this late in the season.  Going to Minnesota in that environment will be great for the Packers.  I just hope the game isn't too big for the young Packers.

Add in the Minn injuries and the Joe Barry effect, it has the makings of a nail-biter game.   

It's basically a playoff game.  If Love can settle in early, we should be in decent shape.  Cant spend a half getting settled in.  Barry's defense won't afford that.

If we can get Aaron Jones going early and often it will make life so much easier for Love and the offense.  No lead will be safe with Barry in charge of the defense, so expect a wild high scoring affair.  Hopefully we can get the run game going and control the game a bit.

• Like 1