Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Y'all act like Kevin King was not a highly rated player coming out of college. He was thought to be the back end of round 1 to early round 2 guy. 

When he was healthy enough to play early on, he was a pretty good CB. The leg injuries have taken away his speed and he's now a liability. 

I think now he sucks and don't want him on the field at all or as little as possible, but I do not hate the person. 

Also, as long as we are re-writing history, I'd bet all of you Wisconsin fans who are butt hurt over us not drafting Watt, were jumping for joy over the Biegel pick. Be honest! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leader said:

This ^

It was clearly a (desperate) need pick. Cant say he was the BPA - but clearly Watt's had the better career.
Oh well. Cant hit/draft them all.

TT never made a desperate need pick in his life.

All these people claiming to have hated the King pick also hated on the Clark pick, Clay Matthews pick, the Jordy Nelson pick, the Aaron Rodgers pick. Some people just truly believe their Youtube scouting make them better at draft players than the Packers FO.     

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Y'all act like Kevin King was not a highly rated player coming out of college. He was thought to be the back end of round 1 to early round 2 guy. 

When he was healthy enough to play early on, he was a pretty good CB. The leg injuries have taken away his speed and he's now a liability. 

I think now he sucks and don't want him on the field at all or as little as possible, but I do not hate the person. 

Also, as long as we are re-writing history, I'd bet all of you Wisconsin fans who are butt hurt over us not drafting Watt, were jumping for joy over the Biegel pick. Be honest! 

I liked King a lot when we drafted him out of college..... I don't recall it being used as a " Need' pick or a reach at all. TJ Watt was anything but a sure thing coming out as well. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:
20 minutes ago, PackFiend said:

Watt was off the board well before King was even selected. Next.

We traded back though right?

technically, Watt was off the board when King was selected.   The concept that GB traded back when both Watt and King were available is lost on some it appears

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The hindsight plus UW fandom makes this a fricking monster.  

Why aren't people bemoaning that Alvin Kamara was 6 picks behind Josh Jones, or we could have had George Kittle instead of Montravious?

Or Jace Sternberger over the very next pick Terry McClaurin.   We always have and always will miss the boat on players.

1 hour ago, R T said:

TT never made a desperate need pick in his life.

All these people claiming to have hated the King pick also hated on the Clark pick, Clay Matthews pick, the Jordy Nelson pick, the Aaron Rodgers pick. Some people just truly believe their Youtube scouting make them better at draft players than the Packers FO.     

Relax. I wasnt impugning the character or ability of TT.

The team was desperate at the position.  I've no recollection how the board broke back then - who'd been selected / who was left (and quite honestly, dont care about it anymore) - only that the team needed a top performer at the position. We'd hit rock bottom.

If I'm not mistaken, we'd ended the year with Ladarius Gunther manning the position. Nuf sed. 

Truth is in the middle here.  Desperation pick? Probably not.  Need pick? Absolutely.  But we really need to remember back to the time.  Kevin King was absolutely seen as a late first to early second round pick.  It isn't like they opened their draft guide magazine and just took the best CB available.  

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Or Jace Sternberger over the very next pick Terry McClaurin.   We always have and always will miss the boat on players.

Everyone does.  If the draft was 100% perfect, we would never have sniffed Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, Greg Jennings, Aaron Jones, David Bakhtiari, and I'm sure there are more.  Then again, we wouldn't have drafted Tony Mandarich either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'd bet all of you Wisconsin fans who are butt hurt over us not drafting Watt, were jumping for joy over the Biegel pick. Be honest! 

I'm a UW alum and a casual Badger fan (I'll watch games until they lose one because then the season is done) and I liked Watt and didn't care at all about Biegel because I view Badgers like any other prospect. That's my honesty.

I was fine with King at the time, but really like Watt, too. Because

t.j.-watt-ras-14943.png?resize=806,522&s

• Like 1