Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -    Good explanation from Matt LaFleur on 2nd-and-10 stuff. Says it's a lot of canned plays, or run-pass options for the offense at the line. Haven't executed against some light boxes. Said he wants 5 yards at a minimum on 2nd-and-10.

Not sure I would extend as far as to say it's a good explanation.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -    Good explanation from Matt LaFleur on 2nd-and-10 stuff. Says it's a lot of canned plays, or run-pass options for the offense at the line. Haven't executed against some light boxes. Said he wants 5 yards at a minimum on 2nd-and-10.

Another factor here is that I'd like to just not have so many 2nd-and-longs. :):). Seems pretty common that our o-line gets stonewalled and Jones is running up the middle into a pile of bodies for nothing.  Run games hasn't been very good for most of the weeks of the season.  

On 11/18/2020 at 10:37 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not sure I would extend as far as to say it's a good explanation.

I have to say, I know you're pretty against it but I feel like there's definitely been games where his 2nd and long philosophy shines.  Hard to remember which, but I was watching the All-22 recently and noticed that the Packers were consistently chunking 4-6 every second and long and it was a lot of very easy 3rd downs.  Even less risk if you're willing to go on 4th down too.  

2 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Jk Scott OUT vs Colts

Just saw that, Drew Kaser signed and travels with the team. Hope it’s a short term thing. Pulled something making that half *** attempt at tackle?  Crosby is disappointed both in losing his holder and because Mason knows how to bring the wood when things go off the rails. 

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

Just saw that, Drew Kaser signed and travels with the team. Hope it’s a short term thing. Pulled something making that half *** attempt at tackle?  Crosby is disappointed both in losing his holder and because Mason knows how to bring the wood when things go off the rails. 

Mil JS said it was a personal matter whatever the heck that may be.  Also ... Kevin King is over his previous injury BUT now he is questionable with an achilles tendon issue.  If he doesn't play ... again missing another game, why in the world would this team want to sign him to another contract.  He's on the pines more than a red squirrel.