Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

This is nice. Should at least create some fan atmosphere to go along with the typical Lambeau weather(hopefully minus the wind of course)

zero is less than 10,000

this could be a non-story

This is a quintessential Bertie Boatsman tweet: accurate, but nonsense

(also, COREY, it should be "fewer" not "less")

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

zero is less than 10,000

Nothing could be farther from the truth, Corey. You do you.

20 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's fine to prop up Jones. He doesn't need someone to put massive qualifiers on it in order to do so. The stat is a stretch in itself. That's the argument. Has nothing to do with discrediting Jones.

Something about those nice round numbers still makes it hit for me. 

It's the "According to Elias, he's the first player in the National League to bat over .312 with 8+ triples and 36+ HRs in back to back seasons since Joe Shmoe in 1952 and 1953" that kill me. 

It's the difference (or even appearance) between seeing stats and wondering how they stack up versus others and looking for specific stats you can use to prop up a player.

It's the pretty obvious benchmarks versus clearly random cut offs that make stats like that even remotely interesting to me if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

Hackett already getting HC interviews after the season the Packers offense put up.

Here's the blurb on Fontenot/Hackett in Breer's SI piece two weeks ago

Terry Fontenot, Saints VP/assistant GM of pro personnel: Another candidate for the Jets’ job in 2018, Fontenot has steadily risen through the New Orleans organization—and has helped the Saints find the right fits in free agency in captaining the pro side, bringing aboard pieces like Demario Davis and Jared Cook. I’m told he’s got a good shot in Atlanta, and have even heard the idea that he could be paired with Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett there.

Edited by deltarich87

9 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Hackett already getting HC interviews after the season the Packers offense put up.

The Kremlinology of who is essential and who is replaceable is such inside baseball that it is hard to know for sure how to feel about Hackett leaving, potentially.

I know I've made fun of him for drawing up plays that get hung on MLF's refrigerator, but the success of the offense at least suggests that he is a very effective conduit for teaching an offense that has been represented as totally MLF's. Is that replaceable, or isn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

That would suck. While it's MLF's offense, Rodgers and the rest of the team seem to love Hackett.

On a side note, kind of funny to see Hackett go from a guy who many were pissed to see as our OC two years ago to being a HC candidate people don't want to see leave.

Edited by Arthur Penske

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

zero is less than 10,000

I appreciate a guy who doesn't capitalize or use punctuation criticizing correct word choice lol ;) 

• Like 1

If Hackett goes we should not be too worried as there are three immediate candidates that comes to mind for LaFleur.

His brother Mike who is the passing game coordinator and Mike Daniels the run game coordinator.

Failing that it's probably likely Luke Getsy is promoted.

9 minutes ago, Chili said:

If Hackett goes we should not be too worried as there are three immediate candidates that comes to mind for LaFleur.

His brother Mike who is the passing game coordinator and Mike Daniels the run game coordinator.

Failing that it's probably likely Luke Getsy is promoted.

I thought the same thing, but wondered if Shannahan would block his brother again or soften up like he said he might consider.

Kyle Shanahan 'never tempted' to let Mike LaFleur join brother in Green Bay (packersnews.com)

Edited by Arthur Penske

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I thought the same thing, but wondered if Shannahan would block his brother again or soften up like he said he might consider.

Kyle Shanahan 'never tempted' to let Mike LaFleur join brother in Green Bay (packersnews.com)

I believe the rules on blocking hires have softened up a bit.  Definitely to interview for a higher position, there should be no blocking.

Don't want to see our golden boy Hackett go, hopefully just a Zoom interview.  We've got a battle at hand here in GB.