Bears Hiring Matt Nagy

The Gnat

11 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

To be fair, there were many shots of Andy with his play sheet calling in plays Saturday. I think Big Red took back some control. 

Yeah I wouldn’t too much about that 2nd half.  Same thing happened with Pederson in last years playoffs calling plays.  Pederson seemed to get a lot better at adjusting his game plan/play calling throughout the season.  Reid has talked Nagy up for a couple years now, now it’s whether he’s able to adjust when something isn’t working (something Reid still hasn’t learned).

Ive seen too many games with Andy calling plays to not think he had a lot of influence.

43 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Is this the next LA Rams? Young ish HC with an offensive background, 2nd year QB looking to take a bigger step, strong runner with Jordan Howard able to play three downs? 

And the interior Oline is good, the defense not far from being very very good...Jarvis Landry + high draft pick at WR and it could work pretty well.

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm glad they didn't wait to hire Shurmur. So glad.

Let's see if he can get Trubisky to take that next step. Chicago honestly isn't that far off from playoff connection.

And with them finally having a top 10 defense, they can afford to go all offense in the draft.

Good hire for the Bears.

If he can convince Fangio to stay, they really could be this years LA.

Side note, per Will Brinson, now 7 of the 32 HC in the league come from the Reid tree.

Reid - KC
John Harbaugh - BAL
Ron Rivera - CAR
Doug Pederson - PHI
Todd Bowles - NYJ
Sean McDermott - BUF
Matt Nagy - CHI

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Side note, per Will Brinson, now 7 of the 32 HC in the league come from the Reid tree.

Reid - KC
John Harbaugh - BAL
Ron Rivera - CAR
Doug Pederson - PHI
Todd Bowles - NYJ
Sean McDermott - BUF
Matt Nagy - CHI

reid, gruden, shurmer all from the holmgren tree

23 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

And with them finally having a top 10 defense, they can afford to go all offense in the draft.

Good hire for the Bears.

Need another pass rusher high in this draft. Floyd aside, it's the oldest part of our team.

27 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Reid - KC
John Harbaugh - BAL
Ron Rivera - CAR
Doug Pederson - PHI
Todd Bowles - NYJ
Sean McDermott - BUF
Matt Nagy - CHI

Talk of Dave Toub in Indy as well.

The NFL is a copycat league, so no surprise teams are trying to find the next Sean McVay. 

As a Chicagoan, would have preferred DeFilipo personally, but Nagy to me is probably the better fit as I see the KC/Chicago rosters being more comparable.  Personally I'm just happy we DIDN'T go with Shurmur or McDaniels.