BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

10 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

1.1, 1.11, 3.1, 3.10, 3.14, 4.1, 4.2, 4.13, 6.1,  7.4, 7.5

May have interest in moving down, or up, or not at all. Just PM me, I'm easier than MD4L.

I'm the Easiest guy to trade with in BDL

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Doesn't matter where you allocate your resources on a roster as long as you have good depth and the coaching to overcome injuries....Two people just commented on this so kinda pointless now but I already typed this so. 

Are we doing to open the draft early this year or just wait until the 9th to start?

I will create the draft thread at some point on Sunday.  Open game as far as I'm concerned, but clocks won't start until Monday.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

We just won the Super Bowl and our RG made over 11 Mil last year

.....you were saying?

Brooks was the 15th highest paid guard in the NFL. Only guard in the top 40 highest paid to make the CGG. Minnesota, Jacksonville and NE all were in the bottom 10 of salary cap hit for the guard position. 

For the safeties (example given by Lukic), the 8 teams that spent the most all went to the PO except GB (with QB out for half the year) and Seattle. NE was 1st, Jax 2nd, Philly 4th, Pitt 7th and Minn 8th.

So no, the trend is not for NFL teams to pay a lot for guard play. Only the Browns (yikes), the Raiders (who planned Osemele to be a LT)  and the Steelers (only good example), had more that 6% of their cap planned on guards.

11 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Brooks was the 15th highest paid guard in the NFL. Only guard in the top 40 highest paid to make the CGG. Minnesota, Jacksonville and NE all were in the bottom 10 of salary cap hit for the guard position. 

For the safeties (example given by Lukic), the 8 teams that spent the most all went to the PO except GB (with QB out for half the year) and Seattle. NE was 1st, Jax 2nd, Philly 4th, Pitt 7th and Minn 8th.

So no, the trend is not for NFL teams to pay a lot for guard play. Only the Browns (yikes), the Raiders (who planned Osemele to be a LT)  and the Steelers (only good example), had more that 6% of their cap planned on guards.

Raiders screwed the Guard market by doing that too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I don't really feel like arguing on a Friday night but there's a lot of arbitrary numbers in that post. Just because sub par teams started a trend doesn't mean it's not a trend.

• Like 1

Safety was also a completely barren market this year while the guard market had some pretty big contracts handed out in FA. The trend only started very recently anyway, give it 2 years before it peaks. 

Anyway, you can't draw inferences from what they're paid. Again, I said good guard play is more valuable. You can get valuable play out of someone who is cheap and terrible play out of someone who is on a big money deal. Cost is one thing - value is another. 

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Safety was also a completely barren market this year while the guard market had some pretty big contracts handed out in FA. The trend only started very recently anyway, give it 2 years before it peaks. 

Anyway, you can't draw inferences from what they're paid. Again, I said good guard play is more valuable. You can get valuable play out of someone who is cheap and terrible play out of someone who is on a big money deal. Cost is one thing - value is another. 

I'd rather draw inferences from your alleged power rankings