BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

I’ll take fifth!

Thuney will start over Brown. 

Collins will play closer to the line of scrimmage in a cover LBer role with Baker and Matthieu the safeties. 

DJ Reader starts as a hog over Abry Jones.

Funchess gets a lot of burn at WR also. 

Edited by Counselor

I'll take 8th. Desmond King is my Nickel as he was a stud there last year. Diggs is actually a SS now so would be my 3rd/4th Safety.

Glad you recognize the Youth Movement. Edited by SirA1

Rome Eternals

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Todd Gurley
WR: Amari Cooper
WR: Juju Smith Schuster
WR: Ted Ginn
TE: OJ Howard
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: Ramon Foster
C: Brandon Linder
RG: Marcus Gilbert
RT: Ryan Ramcyzk

DE: Dante Fowler
DT: Michael Brockers
DT: Dalvin Tomlinson
DE: Carlos Dunlap
LB: CJ Mosley
LB: ????
CB: Janoris Jenkins
CB: William Jackson III
CB: Marlon Humphrey

S: Jahleel Addae
S: Josh Jones

Cap Space: 38k
Team Needs: WR, DL, LB, S

Last year's bizzbowl champs perhaps more by being hot at the right time than necessarily the best constructed roster. Brees & Gurley is a top 2 BDL backfield which is always a good start, but the skill position group outside of Gurley has some question marks. They're pretty young outside of Ginn though, so further growth is expected and it could look a lot better come the end of the season. With arguably the best tackle pairing in the BDL and some nice bits on the interior, this is a formidable OL which along with Brees & Gurley will ensure consistently good offensive output. 

Defensively, the CB trio solid. Some questions arise out of the lack of pass-rush and LB2 + S could use upgrades. I think overall it's a below average D, but a D's deficiencies can be masked by an offense that can pass and run the ball well and this will be no different. With a fair bit of cap space available too, it's fair to expect that depth and a few upgrades will be made before now and the start of the season. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Wichita Woodpeckers

QB: Jared Goff
RB: Leonard Fournette
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Kenny Stills
WR: DeVante Parker
TE: Greg Olsen
LT: Duane Brown
LG: Kelechi Osemele
C: Graham Glasgow
RG: Dan Feeney
RT: Julie'n Davenport

DE: Brandon Graham
INT: Jonathan Allen
INT: A'Shawn Robinson
DE: Olivier Vernon
LB: Luke Kuechly
LB: Sean Lee
CB: Aqib Talib
CB: Rashaan Melvin
CB: Ken Crawley
S: Harrison Smith
S: Vonn Bell

Cap Space: 17k
Team Needs: WR, OL

If not for XMad's trainwreck OL, I'd say this would be the next worst OL in the BDL. Osemele is in the top tier of guards, but realistically every other position could be upgraded. It remains to be see if Goff will be as good as he was last year. Dez appears to be on the way down and the Miami WR duo need to get a bit better I think. Fournette is nice to have, but  I think there'll be serious struggles for points.

Defensively, the edge rushers form a formidable base. The interior could do with some help depth wise, but the old Bama duo have potential to lead a solid interior group. The best LB duo in the league helps as well with a nice secondary. Between the injury risks of both LBs, Talib's age and whether Melvin & Crawley will keep up their high level of performance, there are some question marks too. 

With little cap space, a lot of tank acquisitions will bolster this team along with the draft picks. Given this is a team relying on a few players who are heading into the downswing of their careers, it could cause some troubles.

I would probably go Peters over Robinson and Tartt over Bell, but beyond that, pretty solid prediction. Thank you for taking the time to do that. 

On 4/6/2018 at 4:44 PM, WFLukic said:

Lukic's Pre-Draft BDL Power Rankings:

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: CJ Anderson
WR: Robby Anderson
WR: JJ Nelson
WR: Curtis Samuel
TE: Delanie Walker
LT: Eric Fisher
LG: Kyle Long
C:
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Ricky Wagner

DE: Myles Garrett
DT: Maliek Collins
DT: Larry Ogunjubi
DE: Khalil Mack
LB: Kwon Alexander
LB: Mark Barron
CB: Tre'Davious White
CB: Adoree Jackson
S: Tony Jefferson
S: Devin McCourty
S: Earl Thomas

Cap Space: 33k
Team Needs: 3 WRs, C, 2 INT, CB

Ruskie's inherited a tough job here from one of our premier scrub hoarders. The Myles Garrett trade looks terrible now, not because of Garrett but because of the holes this team has. If it was the last piece, fine, but this is a team that needs a lot of pieces. Seriously, I don't know where the points are coming from. The OL will probably be solid, which is redeeming I guess. Luck is an unknown at this point and Mariota if he starts is a low end BDL QB. Robby Anderson had a nice year, but his character concerns and the return on Enunwa & signing of Pryor could put his spot in jeopardy. The other two are no.2 receivers with a bit of upside, but counting on them in the BDL at this stage isn't wise. 

Defensively, the DE duo & White are dope + the safety trio is good. Could use help everywhere else though, especially on the interior unless Collins & Ogunjubi take huge leaps this year, which is probably unlikely. It's going to be a pretty light team as well so I can see the ball being run on them pretty effectively as well, neutralising the advantage Mack and Garrett give. 

I could see some ugly results if it falls behind early as it hasn't got the passing game to keep up with teams nor the D to stop the run. At best it takes early leads and manages to grind out results while some 3 safety looks take away the passing game. That won't happen often though.

Appreciate the writeup. I did bring Brandin Cooks back on a 5th year tender so that should help out with the receivers. Luck I think will be decided by the start of the season, and I know that Mariota is probably going to be hated on early, but if he plays the way I believe he can, by the end of the season he could be a strength. Defensively, I like my secondary and my edge rushers, but I do have some work to do with the linebackers and interior of the defensive line. I don't expect to necessarily compete for a championship out the gate, but using this season to help set myself up for the future (and allow my quarterbacks to demonstrate to the rest of the voters what they are capable of) should pay off.

Edited by RuskieTitan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So I have a few trade offers that came in over the last 24 hours that I'm mulling over. Depending on how fast some PMs are responded too I may make the pick (or trade the pick)  tonight but we'll see.

This might be the quickest we have ever started waiting for a pick.

• Like 3