Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rollins is entering his fourth year.  He's never been a great athlete, and that goes beyond his 40 time.  Speed has always been a glaring issue, and now he's coming off a torn Achilles.  In three seasons, his peak was showing occasional flashes as a rookie.  Since then, the swagger he seemed to show as a rookie is long gone.  He's just been flat out bad the past two seasons.  I'm just not seeing the cause for optimism. 

I don't think I'm being overly optimistic in hoping that a 2nd round CB can turn into a reliable dime DB who can effectively  drop into a zone and tackle a guy before the sticks or come off the edge on a blitz.  

I like Pipkins as much as the next guy but he hasn't shown nearly the same ball skills as Rollins. 

I wanted Hawkins to be good because he works his butt off, but he wasn't any better than Rollins.  

I like the idea of having House around, but how much value does he really have?  I'd have to imagine that his ST duties would be limited so I have a hard time seeing him active even if he does make the team.  

If Rollins is healthy I think you could do a heck of a lot worse for a guy who would be the 8th or 9th DB on the team.

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Was at practice today. GMo looked excellent. Was super smooth, got separation against all our starting DBs routinely. Definitely has picked some route running tips up from Tae.

Excellent tweet, can't wait for the full report from PR

8 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rollins is entering his fourth year.  He's never been a great athlete, and that goes beyond his 40 time.  Speed has always been a glaring issue, and now he's coming off a torn Achilles.  In three seasons, his peak was showing occasional flashes as a rookie.  Since then, the swagger he seemed to show as a rookie is long gone.  He's just been flat out bad the past two seasons.  I'm just not seeing the cause for optimism. 

Michael CohenVerified account @Michael_Cohen13 9h9 hours ago
MoFirst look at 1 on 1s between WRs and DBs: ... * Rough session for Quinten Rollins

Archived