Survivor: WINNER ANNOUNCED ON PAGE 458

MacReady

Loopholes for challenges are over.  That was never what that line was about to begin with.  Everybody needs to play the challenges in the spirit of fair play from now on.  I'm not saying everybody tried to use loopholes, it's just that all these loophole things are creating too much drama, and some people are getting upset.  We're all trying to have fun here.  We all want a fair experience.  I'm trying to balance some overly sensitive nitpicking, some genuine nitpicking, some clear violations with some less clear violations.  Loopholes were meant for Idols (which very few of you have looked for), Tribal Selection (which none of you took advantage of) and other GAMEPLAY options for getting ahead in the game. 

Some people are not enjoying it.  I take responsibility for that, but bear with me because the game will be different henceforth. 

No first names or last names (and then players using first/last names of characters of the actors) is not a huge violation, especially when everybody used first/last names during the first similar challenge.  That was a matter of not clarifying on my part.  I assumed everybody knew what I meant based on the last one.  That was my fault, but at the same time, a lot of other players got what I meant.  That was not a violation of a rule, that was just a difference of interpretations.  It was my fault yes, but it was not something terribly huge, or something that is even having a large impact.  This challenge comes down to not completely failing the PASSWORD portion, luck with the keychain, and the 20 questions portion.  The Password portion is a very trivial part.  What I'm getting at is... Please pick your battles.  Complaining about small things will beget complaining about complaints and so on and so forth. 

I don't want this game to go south like last Survivor did, so just please remember that this is a game that is meant to be fun.  Small things I will work on, but please try not to make mountains out of molehills, and please try not to complain about complaints.  Everybody wants the same thing here. 

Having said all that, I will admit that these first two Immunity Challenges were tests.  I wanted to see if that type of challenge could work in this type of game.  It can't.  Lesson learned.  I will also say that the rest of the challenges are WILDLY different.  The rest of the games will not cause this level of controversy or complaints.  They are all very straightforward and will mostly be PMd to me, minimizing the chances at loopholes and shortcuts.  If you've made it this far, stick with it because it's going to get better and I think you'll all have a lot of fun.  If you last long enough. 

1. @MathMan
2. @EliteTexan80
3. @SovereignNazgul
4. @LetTheBallFly
5. @Famous Jameis
6. @gopherwrestler
7. @MookieMonster
8. @bcb1213
9. @domepatrol91
10. @mission27
11. @jfinley88
12. @Adrenaline_Flux
13. @TedLavie
14. @Gmen4ev
15. @Tyty
16. @theuntouchable
17. @stallyns
18. @Whicker
20. @Dwight_Schrute
21. @Ragnarok
22. @utley4568
23. @iPwn
24. @11sanchez11
25. @Hockey5djh
26. @Shady Slim
27. @swoosh
28. @SirA1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dwight_Schrute said:

Reggie White

He's an Eagle, and will always be an Eagle. Should have been the second clue tbh

Yeah, that's my bad. I was wayyyy too cute with that one. I tried to go for the a HR with the first clue, combining sacks and Packers (only reason I picked Packers). Looking back, I should've just done: Minister and then Eagles. Oof. 

Just now, swoosh said:

Yeah, that's my bad. I was wayyyy too cute with that one. I tried to go for the a HR with the first clue, combining sacks and Packers (only reason I picked Packers). Looking back, I should've just done: Minister and then Eagles. Oof. 

No, I take blame. I didn't even think about you combining sacks and packers until the second clue, then I felt like an idiot. I thought Reggie White right there, but tried to go for the more relevant long-term Packer who just set the team record of sacks. So I probably overthought it myself.