NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

what games do you see kicking off the season?

if pats win..I can see Dallas and maybe the Browns. Steelers and chiefs opened with them recently, so I hope they don't start with them again.

if Rams win... I can see Ravens, Saints, Sea, or Chi.

Edited by August4th

Just now, August4th said:

what games do you see kicking off the season?

if pats win..I can see Dallas and maybe the Browns. Steelers and chiefs opened with them recently, so I hope they don't start with them again.

if Rams win... I can see Ravens, Saints, Sea, or Chi.

Dallas

Saints

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Dallas

Saints

Dallas will definitely be our opener the following year. We host Dallas in 2020 with our new stadium opening that year. With Jerry’s help moving book it that’s the week 1 game.

Edited by NVRamsFan

I don't think Melvin Gordon gets the respect he deserves as a fringe-top-five running back. He compiled over 1,400 yards from scrimmage and 14 touchdowns to 0 fumbles and averaged 5.1 yards per carry. I don't think he's quite top 5, but I don't think people talk about him enough.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I don't think Melvin Gordon gets the respect he deserves as a fringe-top-five running back. He compiled over 1,400 yards from scrimmage and 14 touchdowns to 0 fumbles and averaged 5.1 yards per carry. I don't think he's quite top 5, but I don't think people talk about him enough.

I think it's injury concerns with him - maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but it seems like he misses 2-3 games every season with some sort of injury.

I like him, just concerned with his durability.

12 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

There are so many good backs nowadays that it’s hard for some guys to get their due.  Plus right or wrong, I think a lot of his hype died down after his relatively underwhelming rookie season.  

I’d take Gurley, Zeke, Barkley, and Kamara over him for sure.  Bell is absolutely better too, but I can see why some would be hesitant to rank him after he just missed a season.  Then there’s McCaffrey and Hunt who the majority of people are probably taking over Gordon too.  So just not a lot of room for him.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:00 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

30/546/7 in four games during that playoff run. Still so hard to believe.

Some other nominees from the 49ers:

Rice had 409 and 6 TDs in 3 games in '89

• 3 carries for 27 yards for good measure

Montana had 800 yards and 11 TDs in 3 games in '89

• His playoff rating was 146.4
  • They averaged 42 points per game
  • He only played 3 seconds of the 4th quarter in the Super Bowl and came out early in the other 2 games as well.

Young had 9 passing TDs at a 117.2 rating in 1994

• He also ran for 240 and 2 TDs at 6.4 per pop

Kaepernick had a 100 passer rating with 798 yards 4 TDs with 2 picks and also ran for 246 yards and 3 TDs

• He threw for 10 yards per pass and ran for 10 yards per run

And someone from DC:

The Diesel had 610 yards and 4 TDs in 1982

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 10:13 AM, AlNFL19 said:

I think folks probably just casually looked at the statistics in his first three seasons of his career, and noticed the sub 4.0 YPC, and lack of a 1,000 yard season, then labeled him as a disappointing first round pick. Casual folks don't look at YFS sadly, which in this day and age is probably the more important stat than just pure rushing yards. Or at least just as important. 

On 1/30/2019 at 10:04 AM, MWil23 said:

At least there will be plenty of testosterone in the weight room.

Jadevion Clowney is gonna grow a 3rd hand out of his forehead, those Rhino steroids are no joke...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

He’s accurate because it’s what he would do in those scenarios. Casual fans don’t understand tempo and strategy. Like the run plays for example, most casual fans think QBs should sling it every play when they don’t have to.

Edited by candyman93